Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Solly

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
At least one Albion insider has told me that Solly is the player they are looking at to kick on most significantly this season. He's a home-grown player and unless we could secure a significant upgrade on him, I'd be very happy for him to stay.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
At least one Albion insider has told me that Solly is the player they are looking at to kick on most significantly this season. He's a home-grown player and unless we could secure a significant upgrade on him, I'd be very happy for him to stay.

This turn of phase reminded me of someone who now no longer frequents the board.

However, in YOUR case, I know it to be totally true :lol:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
This turn of phase reminded me of someone who now no longer frequents the board.

However, in YOUR case, I know it to be totally true :lol:

Turn of phrase maybe. Spelling, punctuation and not coming across as a weapons grade COCK, not so much.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

I believe I was in your presence when one Albion INSIDER stated something very similar.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol

Do we think that means 'it's make or break this season- if he doesn't push on he's off' or 'we have absolute faith he's going to be superstar and expect that to start to show this season'? Or somewhere in between the two. Or neither. Or something utterly different.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Solly is set for a new deal to ward off interest, according to TEAMtalk :clap2: :

"Brighton & Hove Albion are set to agree a new deal with England Under-21 winger Solly March, TEAMtalk can reveal.
A number of clubs have approached Brighton about a possible deal to take March away from the AMEX Stadium this summer.
Fulham, Everton and Middlesbrough were amongst the clubs keen on the 23-year-old, but now Brighton have moved to tie him down to a long-term deal."

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclusive-brighton-star-set-to-agree-new-deal-amid-everton-interest

Needs to step it up next season IMO.

Robert Codner has been talking to his press contacts again, then. :rolleyes:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Do we think that means 'it's make or break this season- if he doesn't push on he's off' or 'we have absolute faith he's going to be superstar and expect that to start to show this season'? Or somewhere in between the two. Or neither. Or something utterly different.

I took it to mean that Solly should now realise that he is capable of performing in the Premier League and not be afraid to take players on and show what he can do more consistently.

But with reference to your opening remark, at this level it’s almost always make or break. That applies to pretty well everyone in the squad.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
I took it to mean that Solly should now realise that he is capable of performing in the Premier League and not be afraid to take players on and show what he can do more consistently.

But with reference to your opening remark, at this level it’s almost always make or break. That applies to pretty well everyone in the squad.

Certainly feels like the only feeling holding him back is a lack of confidence in his own ability.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If I had a pound for every time that's been written on NSC.

I'd have considerably more than £1.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Anyone else a bit meh about this news? If the bids from the Champ were serious I’d have slapped a 30-40% sell on fee and taken the money.

So much talent, so little belief/execution

Oh and happy birthday chap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here