Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Solly

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
How could ANYONE consider moving from Brighton to Middlesbrough?

Utterly ludicrous.

I can’t think of ANY Albion player, EVER, who’d I’d imagine would be less likely to want to move to Middlesbrough, nor one less likely to appeal to Tony Pulis.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Big season for Solly I think. First couple of months last season he looked our best attacking threat but faded massively and by end of season looked completely bereft of confidence.

Hoping he steps up this season.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I wouldn’t be surprised if we signed another winger this summer to be honest. Likely to push March further down the pecking order to 4th choice. I don think he’ll go before January but depending on the amount of football he has had at that stage could go then.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Big season for Solly I think. First couple of months last season he looked our best attacking threat but faded massively and by end of season looked completely bereft of confidence.

Hoping he steps up this season.

I wonder how many times that's been written?

At least this season he won't be held to the utterly insane standard of 8-10 goals and an outside chance of an England cap, that a fair few were writing 12 months ago.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I wonder how many times that's been written?

At least this season he won't be held to the utterly insane standard of 8-10 goals and an outside chance of an England cap, that a fair few were writing 12 months ago.

Ye but he is giving himself a better chance of seeing where the goal is :moo:

March Pre-Season 2018.jpg.gallery.jpg

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
For that sort of money am I the only one who would sell?

No. He’s a good Championship player and holds his own in the Premier League against 7th-20th, but that’s all. He benefits from the home grown factor by fans and is a tad overrated as a result. He didn’t produce anything like some of the form that Knocky or Izquierdo showed last season, and we didn’t look as dangerous when March started in place of either.

8-10m would be a great deal and a good reflection of his talents.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Middlesbrough have been linked with a move for Brighton winger Solly March.

http://the72.co.uk/107143/brighton-winger-linked-move-middlesbrough/

This has to be the least well sourced transfer story i've seen in a while. There's simply nothing there.

The 72 admits it hasn't spoken to anyone. And is only writing up something on Football Whispers.
Football Whispers have a rumour tracker (all smoke and mirrors) . and Solly has , with no explanation, become "iikely to move"
Lewis Dunk likewise is "likely to move" to Leicester using the same thing.
Of course they are.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
This has to be the least well sourced transfer story i've seen in a while. There's simply nothing there.

The 72 admits it hasn't spoken to anyone. And is only writing up something on Football Whispers.
Football Whispers have a rumour tracker (all smoke and mirrors) . and Solly has , with no explanation, become "iikely to move"
Lewis Dunk likewise is "likely to move" to Leicester using the same thing.
Of course they are.
Well Maguire could well be sold after the World Cup, and then Dunk will be a top target for Leicester.

Albion have already indicated that they won't sell Dunk to non 'top 6' so Leicester are stuffed on that one, but it will mean a nice new albion payrise for Lewis, and a bit of will-he-won't-he for everyone later in the window.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Solly is set for a new deal to ward off interest, according to TEAMtalk :clap2: :

"Brighton & Hove Albion are set to agree a new deal with England Under-21 winger Solly March, TEAMtalk can reveal.
A number of clubs have approached Brighton about a possible deal to take March away from the AMEX Stadium this summer.
Fulham, Everton and Middlesbrough were amongst the clubs keen on the 23-year-old, but now Brighton have moved to tie him down to a long-term deal."

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclusive-brighton-star-set-to-agree-new-deal-amid-everton-interest

Needs to step it up next season IMO.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Irrespective of the fact he's local he knows the system we play, he's an inspiration to the development squad and he showed promise in his debut Prem season.

Given we've lost good clubmen in Rosenior, Sidwell, Hunemeier, Maenpaa, Goldson I think it is wise to keep Solly as he'll help integrate the new boys in the ways of the Albion.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
No. He’s a good Championship player and holds his own in the Premier League against 7th-20th, but that’s all. He benefits from the home grown factor by fans and is a tad overrated as a result. He didn’t produce anything like some of the form that Knocky or Izquierdo showed last season, and we didn’t look as dangerous when March started in place of either.

8-10m would be a great deal and a good reflection of his talents.

For most of last season Knocky was below par and I really don't think his output was that much better than March's. It was only in the latter part of the season that Knocky started to look like Knocky.

What I do know is that March is in a different league to Skalak and Murphy and with wingers you have to be careful what you wish for.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here