Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Izzy Brown

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Talented lad has all the attributes needed to be a very good player. Felt sorry for him here it was all stop start but couldn’t stay fit enough to get the minutes needed under his belt. Initially got the impression he would of been CH 1st choice LW but injuries set him back. Was the biggest positive from the Liverpool game. Shame he never looked like he was busting a gut as people wanted from him although personally I though he always worked hard and was more his style making him look lazy. Sure we will see him at the AMEX again in another teams shirt doing well.
Hope he comes back better and stronger. Best of luck Izzy

I seem to remember some people thought Mark Lawrenson was rubbish because he never got dirty.

If things had been different and he had the opportunity of more game time in an appropriate position, I think things could have been very different. I really feel for him.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
�� quite a lot of rumours at our end that Chelsea were set to recall him and loan him to us after Palmer returned there. Either way, massive shame about the injury.

This is from the chap who runs HTFC World. My brother who now follows town home and away also heard this. We spoke about it tonight as he didn't realise izzy was injured last night.

We had him on a season-long loan, so doubt they could have.

Real shame, six months spent learning our system, ready to step in if we do lose Gross for any reason, and now we have a bit of a hole there

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
We had him on a season-long loan, so doubt they could have.

Real shame, six months spent learning our system, ready to step in if we do lose Gross for any reason, and now we have a bit of a hole there

There more than likely would have been an option to recall during the January transfer window in our deal with Chelsea for Brown. Most season long loan deals have that option so the parent club can bring a player back if they feel the loan move isn’t working for whatever reason. Chelsea have recently terminated the season long loan deal with Huddersfield for Kasey Palmer, we did the same with Jordan Maguire-Drew at Lincoln, we recalled him from his loan spelll at Lincoln and then loaned him to Coventry.

As Brown will return to Chelsea to recover from his injury, as he did for his injury earlier this season, and the fact his season is over hopefully Chelsea will agree to the termination of the deal enabling us to possibly sign two loan players from Premier League clubs in this window.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Talented lad has all the attributes needed to be a very good player. Felt sorry for him here it was all stop start but couldn’t stay fit enough to get the minutes needed under his belt. Initially got the impression he would of been CH 1st choice LW but injuries set him back. Was the biggest positive from the Liverpool game. Shame he never looked like he was busting a gut as people wanted from him although personally I though he always worked hard and was more his style making him look lazy. Sure we will see him at the AMEX again in another teams shirt doing well.
Hope he comes back better and stronger. Best of luck Izzy

I think if you look at the line-ups for the City and Atletico games you would imagine CH saw him playing a much more prominent role in the first team. Two injuries have stopped us from seeing whether he would've been an important cog in the machine and that is disappointing for everyone involved.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
His retort to a comment about the 'handball'

https://twitter.com/AndyNaylorArgus/status/950810958519250944

[tweet]950810958519250944[/tweet]
I've read through this thread and apart from one or two vaguely nobbish contributions, there really isn't much that is distasteful. This is just a feeble attempt by Naylor to deflect from the fact he's got something else wrong -because he can never admit that he is wrong. Ever. I can understand why a local hack - perhaps fearful of their job and relevance - might do that, but it's not going to endear him to people.

That said, in my opinion, I wish everyone who doesn't like Naylor would just leave him alone and ignore him, and that includes the NSC Twitter account. It's all very unnecessary.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I've read through this thread and apart from one or two vaguely nobbish contributions, there really isn't much that is distasteful. .

Presumably AN is more sensitive to comments wishing or hoping that he's had a cruciate injury (one of the worst injuries a footballer can have) so we can send him back, and others calling him a fraudster, lazy, and shite.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Presumably AN is more sensitive to comments wishing or hoping that he's had a cruciate injury (one of the worst injuries a footballer can have) so we can send him back, and others calling him a fraudster, lazy, and shite.
How many people on this thread have wished or hoped that then? And even if that is the case, I don't really think he needs to feel quite so delicate on the subject. Or you, for that matter. It's not like anyone has wished death on the bloke. I didn't even see one post alluding to your accusation, although without re-reading the thread I am prepared to believe a grand total of 2, perhaps 3 dicks have said as much. Hardly a problem is it?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
How many people on this thread have wished or hoped that then? And even if that is the case, I don't really think he needs to feel quite so delicate on the subject. Or you, for that matter. It's not like anyone has wished death on the bloke. I didn't even see one post alluding to your accusation, although without re-reading the thread I am prepared to believe a grand total of 2, perhaps 3 dicks have said as much. Hardly a problem is it?

To be fair, Andy Naylor did say a couple.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

I'm not keen on calling players lazy, shite, or wishing injuries on them or comparing them to Chuba Akpom myself but glad that NSC allows others to do.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I'm not keen on calling players lazy, shite, or wishing injuries on them or comparing them to Chuba Akpom myself but glad that NSC allows others to do.

Isn't that the point of a message board? Opinions?

Agreed wishing injuries is to far, but not sure people should be censored for opinion... even if they are wrong

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
To be fair, Andy Naylor did say a couple.
He did, so what an odd response from Naylor to a tweet from NSC that riled him. A grand total of 2 unsavoury posts (absolute max) from probably 80 or 90 at the time in response to the fact that NSC Twitter called him out for getting the hand ball wrong.

Oh me too, Jem. My point was that he mentioned this thread in response to something completely unrelated, because he couldn't possibly respond with a relevant tweet admitting he was wrong.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He did, so what an odd response from Naylor to a tweet from NSC that riled him. A grand total of 2 unsavoury posts (absolute max) from probably 80 or 90 at the time in response to the fact that NSC Twitter called him out for getting the hand ball wrong.

Oh me too, Jem. My point was that he mentioned this thread in response to something completely unrelated, because he couldn't possibly respond with a relevant tweet admitting he was wrong.

I agree, which was why I called it a retort when I posted it here. Strange.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have hoped that we would send him back to Chelsea simply because of what I have seen he isnt good enough to benefit us but would never wish such an injury on him to facilitate that return and would hope that it was done for football reasons pure and simple.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
That said, in my opinion, I wish everyone who doesn't like Naylor would just leave him alone and ignore him, and that includes the NSC Twitter account. It's all very unnecessary.

I think that's a little bit unfair. The NSC twitter account, ie me, rarely interacts with Andy's stuff on twitter. I have no way of quantifying that, but I'd guess at that being 3 or 4 times a year, tops, and isn't done mockingly. The main reason for that is most days I don't even look at twitter at all. I guess I'm somewhat of a selfish twitter user - I expect people to read the stuff I send out (which is generally done from Buffer, a third party app) but rarely read what others write.

As you're aware, I didn't even know Andy had tweeted about this thread until someone pointed it out to me.

The tweet in question relating to the handball was sent very much tongue in cheek, many hours after the event and when Andy would have had the opportunity to view the same video replays I had access to in the pub. Maybe I should use little smiley faces more.

As I've said repeatedly, he has a very difficult job and one that I doubt many would truly want. He has to generate sizeable volumes of Albion content and is often reliant on the club to make it stand out from other stuff. He also has many thousand of amateurs scanning social media everywhere to get a sniff of what might be going on, particularly regarding transfers. One man simply can't compete with this informal crowd-sourcing model that now happens.

Additionally, the newspaper model has been changing dramatically, and a large part of his job is trying to direct eyeballs to a horrible ad-laden site that he has no control over.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
As I've said repeatedly, he has a very difficult job...One man simply can't compete with this informal crowd-sourcing model that now happens. Additionally, the newspaper model has been changing dramatically, and a large part of his job is trying to direct eyeballs to a horrible ad-laden site that he has no control over.

#prayforAndy :angel:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here