Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Izzy Brown

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Shame Brown looked really up for it tonight and didn’t duck out of the two challenges that finally did for him. Seeing as Baldock hasn’t played this season I thought he did OK. Not match fit but showed flashes of what he is capable of. Gutted his beautifully placed shot hit the post. The less said about the dreadful miss the better though.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Sadly it was the only way we were going to get shot of him.

There is trying to be funny and being a nob

I wish him a good recovery, I doubt we will see him again, I wish it was in different circumstances, he had a chance tonight to prove nay sayers wrong (me included) sad for the lad he didnt get that chance and as good as it was to see Baldock on, he didnt really set the stage alight

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
How can anyone say he wasn't up for it he went into 2 very hard tackles the like of which we haven't seen for a while. Hope is not badly injured, there is a good footballer in there.

Claude samdamme

Mar 8, 2014
There is trying to be funny and being a nob

I wish him a good recovery, I doubt we will see him again, I wish it was in different circumstances, he had a chance tonight to prove nay sayers wrong (me included) sad for the lad he didnt get that chance and as good as it was to see Baldock on, he didnt really set the stage alight

Brown is rubbish. Probably the laziest player seen in blue & white since Leon best. He had chances at arsenal and Huddersfield to prove himself and he was piss poor.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Brown is rubbish. Probably the laziest player seen in blue & white since Leon best. He had chances at arsenal and Huddersfield to prove himself and he was piss poor.

No chance. One of our better loans and gutted he got injured. You also seem to have forgotten Akpom, that's the bloke our players had to run over and pull up off the ground when we were chasing the game at home to Ipswich.

I was one of very few people who was disappointed we signed Brown, but I can't say he has done much wrong with the time he's been given. Hope he's ok.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
I can’t fault Nrown’s attitude from what I’ve seen - and I think he’s got a lot of talent. However in the end he hasn’t contributed a lot to our season. If (god forbid) this turns out to be a serious injury that puts him out for the season, then he would go back to Chelsea for treatment. Could we then formally end his loan so that we would have two free premier league loan slots that we could fill during the transfer window?

Really felt for him last night and hope it’s better than it looked

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
He's been really unlucky - lasted 10 minutes on his debut against City and 5 minutes last night. He really looked up for it tonight in the very short time he was on the pitch. Must be wondering if he inadvertently ran over a black cat on the way to the ground !

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I like him as a player, just been very unfortunate with us regarding injuries and having Gross in such excellent form in the 10 role.

I was really looking forward to seeing Brown play behind Hemed last night, finally in his correct position.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
I like him as a player, just been very unfortunate with us regarding injuries and having Gross in such excellent form in the 10 role.

I was really looking forward to seeing Brown play behind Hemed last night, finally in his correct position.

This. He has not had a great run of things since he came here and he really looked up for it last night. Didn't bottle challenges and limped off looking like he won't be playing for a while now. Shame.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Really hope it isn't a bad injury - thats two games he started in his position and both he lasted a very short time before injury!

He started on the left against Citeh didn't he?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I don't particularly care him. He looks just like all the top 6 loanees we get: Destined for a solid career in the Championship.

That said, he's barely once played in a position he can call his own and hasn't really had much of a chance to show what he's made of.

As an aside though, good Lord we lack composure in and around the penalty area. Solly, Kayal and Baldock all blasted way over the bar when well placed.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

You seem to be in a minority. I agree Brown seemed up for it last night and has been unlucky.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
i guess if his injury is serious it may force the clubs hand even more so in the transfer market for this striker everyone seems so convinced that we need.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
i guess if his injury is serious it may force the clubs hand even more so in the transfer market for this striker everyone seems so convinced that we need.

Didn’t you see the number of excellent chances that we had last night that didn’t even test the keeper? Anyone not convinced we need a striker is in serious denial.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No, it won't make any difference - Brown is/was not a hot-shot goal scorer. Or any sort of goal scorer for us for that matter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here