Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Izzy Brown

Terrierlmr

Mar 12, 2017
Hi Seagulls,
Can you believe how 2017 is ending? I’m sure we’d have all taken this at the start of the year!
Just wondered what was happening with Izzy Brown. He’s not featured in your squad for a few games and wondered if any rumours of him going back to Chelsea?
Our Chelsea loanee Kasey Palmer hasn’t featured for us for a while now rumours suggest he’s going back to Chelsea.
Good luck for the rest of the season (except when we play you)! Here’s hoping we’re both playing Premier League football next year!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Showed early promise, but seems like his heart isn't in it. Granted he doesn't get the time on the pitch but thats due largely to the success of Gross but he doesn't convince when he does get on.

Like my old school reports: shows promise but lacks application.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Hi Seagulls,
Can you believe how 2017 is ending? I’m sure we’d have all taken this at the start of the year!
Just wondered what was happening with Izzy Brown. He’s not featured in your squad for a few games and wondered if any rumours of him going back to Chelsea?
Our Chelsea loanee Kasey Palmer hasn’t featured for us for a while now rumours suggest he’s going back to Chelsea.
Good luck for the rest of the season (except when we play you)! Here’s hoping we’re both playing Premier League football next year!
I'm starting to think 'Chelsea loanee' is a euphemism for 'over-rated'.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Pleased to see Sam Baldock on the bench over him but disappointed that neither has been able to make the starting XI regularly but I trust in CH judgement. If SB is finally over his injuries I would consider sending him back unless he can step up into the attacking CM role that we need so desperately.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If he can't make the bench for a team that can't score then the writing's on the wall for the lad.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Showed early promise, but seems like his heart isn't in it. Granted he doesn't get the time on the pitch but thats due largely to the success of Gross but he doesn't convince when he does get on.

Like my old school reports: shows promise but lacks application.

Showed nothing whatsoever. Very disappointed in him. The sooner he goes back the better.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Hi Seagulls,

I guess he is finding it quite difficult here, managing expectations. He is a youngster and hasn't managed to grab a clearly defined role in the team. For you he appeared to be playing as a number 10 and we have Pascal Gross in that role who runs all day. This contrasts with Brown's rather languid style. He has put in a decent performance on the left wing and performed a thankless role as an emergency centre forward away at Arsenal, other than that it has been bits and pieces. He is one of a number of attacking players who could really have done with a confidence boosting cup game against lower league opposition, unfortunately, we only managed to draw lower class opposition.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Hi Seagulls,

His best game for us by far was the Liverpool game, which was odd as that was the only game we have been thumped, although it could have been different , or closer , if we had people to put the ball in the net.

He us class of that there is no doubt, but his style is not hughton's style...and that goes for a few of our players.

It wouldn't surprise me if hughton was influenced by the Spanish way of not playing with an out and out striker...remember when Barca didn't have a striker and played 6 across midfield which de bosque (sp) tried for Spain. Certainly we are not set up to play two strikers, and the delivery for hemed and Murray seems to be very patchy.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
In his defence he got injured immediately after a bright debut in a friendly against Atleti, has been played out of position (even number 9 against Arsenal) and has mostly been on the bench. But, all of that considered, he's nowhere near the standard required and I'd be happy to ship him back tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Flatters to deceive every time he puts the shirt on.
Like others have said before, decent Championship player, but not Premier League quality.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
From the off against Citeh at home he was never going to fit into the way we play and yes he got injured.

Time and time again he left our defender totally exposed, not one of us I am afraid.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
There's talent there for sure but unfortunately for him Gross has been arguably our signing of the season which has meant opportunities in his preferred no.10 role have been limited. Along with this, he's our only loan player, and it does seem to show at times - he doesn't always look like he's fully bought into the team ethic/spirit we have. (But maybe I'm reading too much into his on-pitch demeanour)

I'm sure his time will come in the second half of the season though as and when injuries hit.

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
If sending him back means we can bring in a better player for his position on loan, or even just someone that looks like they want to play for this club, I'm all for it. People say "get behind your players" but for one, he isn't our player, and frankly has shown little for us to get behind.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here