Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Izzy Brown

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Brown is rubbish. Probably the laziest player seen in blue & white since Leon best. He had chances at arsenal and Huddersfield to prove himself and he was piss poor.

Let's stick to facts, eh? He was very impressive at Huddersfield, and was an exciting signing for us. For one reason or another, it hasn't worked out here, but that doesn't wipe out what he did in the second half of last season.
Hope he's not badly injured - but I also rather hope we can send him back to free up a loan space..

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Brown is rubbish. Probably the laziest player seen in blue & white since Leon best. He had chances at arsenal and Huddersfield to prove himself and he was piss poor.

really? you saw him at Town last year did you? You saw how he played? or is that just a "bantz" comment?

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
There is trying to be funny and being a nob

I wish him a good recovery, I doubt we will see him again, I wish it was in different circumstances, he had a chance tonight to prove nay sayers wrong (me included) sad for the lad he didnt get that chance and as good as it was to see Baldock on, he didnt really set the stage alight

I did say “sadly” and I meant it. I do sincerely wish him a full recovery but still feel that he wasn’t what we needed.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Leon best was quality at southampton & Coventry.

Still was poop for us- you can only say what you see

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Clearly a decent player, but has had no luck this season.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
He is a good footballer but not one of our own so there is an obligation to give him game time and fit him in somewhere. Had he not got injured against Man C he may have earned his place on merit but instead it gave others the opportunity to earn their place instead. He has been unlucky and I feel for him but with Baldock and Kayal back, chosing the starting 11 and match day squad will be a lot easier for Hughton because he doesn't have to consider the obligation of playing anyone.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
He is a good footballer but not one of our own so there is an obligation to give him game time and fit him in somewhere. Had he not got injured against Man C he may have earned his place on merit but instead it gave others the opportunity to earn their place instead. He has been unlucky and I feel for him but with Baldock and Kayal back, chosing the starting 11 and match day squad will be a lot easier for Hughton because he doesn't have to consider the obligation of playing anyone.

He won't be remembered as a good footballer at Brighton. He has done **** all to support your claim when on the pitch for us.

Claude samdamme

Mar 8, 2014
really? you saw him at Town last year did you? You saw how he played? or is that just a "bantz" comment?

I was at Huddersfield this season (and at the emirates) and both games he was useless - put in so little effort. Couldn’t give one how good he was for Huddersfield last season

Lots saying how great he is now he’s injured but look at the player ratings thread - he consistently gets low scores.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I was at Huddersfield this season (and at the emirates) and both games he was useless - put in so little effort. Couldn’t give one how good he was for Huddersfield last season

Lots saying how great he is now he’s injured but look at the player ratings thread - he consistently gets low scores.

You saw him play against brighton once for town last year? I saw him play about 10 games for town last year and he was excellent as they played him in his correct position and Wagners game is different to a cautious approach of Hughton

Glad you couldn't give one...probably as I could give one about an opinion based on one game.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Trouble is that the only one who's opinion matters is CH and he was raving about him after the game.

UTT

Jun 27, 2017
You saw him play against brighton once for town last year? I saw him play about 10 games for town last year and he was excellent as they played him in his correct position and Wagners game is different to a cautious approach of Hughton

Glad you couldn't give one...probably as I could give one about an opinion based on one game.
Season ticket? £250 for next season if you're interested:cool:

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I've watched every minute that Brown has played for us this season and I think Baldock did more in one match last night than Brown has done all season. There was one match when he looked half decent paying left midfield but it was a fleeting instance. He definitely looks very disinterested most of the time and, if he has any pace he hides it well.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The worry was that Chelsea allowed him to play in our cup tie but I suppose that is the way now that the FA Cup is so lowly rated by the top teams that they are no longer concerned about players getting cup tied. Apparently Casey Palmer was recalled by Chelsea as apparently they thought hat he wasnt getting enough game time rather than wanting him back. Would the same have happened with Brown?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I think Izzy Brown is going to go on and become a very good premier league player. We've barely seen him here, not his own fault, and agree with others that last night felt like the night he'd shine. Hope he's not too badly injured

Coach_Carter_92

Apr 25, 2013
Home

Tbf to Claude, I think he means the 2 games Brown has started for Brighton against Arsenal and Huddersfield, not the games he played for Huddersfield

Assume this frees up a Prem loan

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
izzyjaybrown
Not the news I wanted to hear, I have torn my ACL & it will need surgery to fix.
I will come back fitter & stronger and hopefully be ready for next season.
Thank you to everyone at Brighton for the love and support they showed towards me, the fans, the staff, & all the players.
I’ve met some amazing people here & these memories will be with me forever.
See you all next season❤️

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I've watched every minute that Brown has played for us this season and I think Baldock did more in one match last night than Brown has done all season. There was one match when he looked half decent paying left midfield but it was a fleeting instance. He definitely looks very disinterested most of the time and, if he has any pace he hides it well.

Would that be the game against Liverpool where he put at least three superb crosses in for Murray who could well of had a hat trick.
He was our best player that day and showed what he could of done if he hadnt had to come on as a sub for the last 8 minutes of most matches.
I wish him a speedy recovery

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This is bad news for him but it takes the onus off of CH about sending him back to Chelsea so from our point of view every cloud has a silver lining and we may be forced to bring in somebody better or rely on SB to be the answer. I would wish him well for a full recovery and a move to any club that suits his style of play for .next season.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here