Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Izzy Brown

If Brown couldn’t make an impression on an Albion team that failed to land its signings up front, the odds are that it probably wasn’t going to happen for him here. May somewhere else in future, young players do get spurts of advancement - good luck to him and we move on

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I feel so sad for Brown. Looked good against atletico, injured early on against man city and then restricted to largely bits and pieces since then. In very early stages he looked up for it last night (albeit short chance to shine) the gets a nasty injury

He is clearly a talent and much like lingard, one who will be better than we have seen

I wish him all the best

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Strange timing on the 'handball' debate. Is he saying that Nsc have got to censor posters opinions, even if they are obnoxious?

He’s just pointing out some of the scum bag posters on this thread

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Gutted for him, only got to see him in small doses and hardly ever in his best position (due to the form of Gross). He will be a top quality player provided that he can make a full recovery.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I assume we took him on loan in case Gross didn't work out, but has been different class. From there it was unlikely he would get much game time in the number 10 role. I thought he looked up for it last night, hence the challenge, and it would have been interesting to see how he had got on playing 90 mins.

I do think we would have had a decision to make on keeping the loan for the full term. Sad news for him, hope he comes back ok.

Does mean we can get two loans in if needed.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Surely when a young loan player is injured, they return to their home club for medical treatment.

Yes but we will have an agreement with Chelsea to pay a % of his wages every month until the end of the season.

Just because he goes back there for treatment doesn't mean that contractual agreement comes to an end.

Chelsea would have to agree to terminate the loan. You'd hope they would but as an example Portsmouth loaned Tareiq Holmes-Dennis from Huddersfield in the summer, he got injured in August but Portsmouth are still paying his wages until the end of the season.

Brother Sid

Jan 4, 2006
Horsham
Yep saw him on crutches in the Nuffield at Haywards Heath today looking pretty miserable. I feel sorry for him and his bad luck, but I'm sure he'll come back.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Talented lad has all the attributes needed to be a very good player. Felt sorry for him here it was all stop start but couldn’t stay fit enough to get the minutes needed under his belt. Initially got the impression he would of been CH 1st choice LW but injuries set him back. Was the biggest positive from the Liverpool game. Shame he never looked like he was busting a gut as people wanted from him although personally I though he always worked hard and was more his style making him look lazy. Sure we will see him at the AMEX again in another teams shirt doing well.
Hope he comes back better and stronger. Best of luck Izzy

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
�� quite a lot of rumours at our end that Chelsea were set to recall him and loan him to us after Palmer returned there. Either way, massive shame about the injury.

This is from the chap who runs HTFC World. My brother who now follows town home and away also heard this. We spoke about it tonight as he didn't realise izzy was injured last night.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here