Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Izzy Brown

Brian Munich

teH lulZ
Jul 7, 2008
We've lost all 3 games that he started for us including our heaviest defeat and also our worst performance by far of the season. I hope we get rid.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Bit harsh on the lad , he’s had a few 5 minute sub appearances after his early season injury and when he has started it was in the CF position away at Arsenal or on the wing , which for Brighton translates to cover for the full back .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
He looked decent at Huddersfield but doesn't look even slightly interested for us. Shouldn't be anywhere near our matchday squad, would rather have Lua Lua back to be honest; at least he offers something (pace).

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I think the club have to take a lot of the blame, they signed him. He and Izqierdo should be part of our plan b , up front together with no defensive work to do. That would give our Lacey attack, if it fails then at least they have been given a decent chance

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Underwhelmed when we signed him, nothing has changed, though to be fair he has limited opportunities in his best position.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Underwhelmed when we signed him, nothing has changed, though to be fair he has limited opportunities in his best position.

From what I’ve seen of him so far his best position is left back.

Left back with the rest of the reserves who aren’t good enough.

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Was excited when we signed him having seen some of his performances for Huddersfield last season.
But like most others on here, I’ve felt quite unimpressed by what he’s done on the pitch for us this season so far.
Didn’t think I’d be saying that but there you go!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
He hasn't really done anything of note during his loan spell. We wouldn't miss him if he was returned to Chelsea in my opinion.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
From what I’ve seen of him so far his best position is left back.

Left back with the rest of the reserves who aren’t good enough.

The thing that bugs me the most about Brown, isn’t the fact that apparently he isn’t good enough or hasn’t had the opportunities, it’s the fact that we are nurturing Chelsea’s players and not our own.

James Tilley could not have done any worse with the chances (albeit limited) thatBrown has been given.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Izzy Brown just seems like one of those daft ineffectual loanees we used to get in at Withdean. Just like The Greyhound seems like one of those random signings we used to make in that same era. Highly unlikely that either will make one iota of a difference to our league placing this season. Sad to say, our record signing looks to be going the same way. Oh well, back to the database.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
This season's Chuba Akpom. That's not a compliment.

That's not fair - Akpom was a fraudster and it was obvious right at the very start that he had absolutely nothing at all.

Brown isn't a bad player, he's clearly gifted technically and he definitely has talent but we've not made any use of him at all. I think there's a player in there but he's totally behind Gross who has been absolutely crucial for us so far and if Gross doesn't play then it's going to be because we've gone with a different shape and brought in Kayal.

The only reason Brown has looked a bad signing is because of the form and lack of injuries to Pascal Gross, there's no shame in being kept out of the team by a genuinely better player. You can say the same about Goldson, he's only being kept out of the team by the form of Duffy and Dunk, we've seen enough of Connor to know how good he is but the principle is the same and the only difference is that we haven't seen enough of Brown to know what he's about.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Brown isn't a bad player, he's clearly gifted technically and he definitely has talent

Would be interested to know what your assessment of the player is based on. Certainly can't be based on anything he's ever shown in an Albion shirt. No more of a fraudster than Akpom or James Wilson. All three of them could be judged, fairly, earlydoors, in the stripes, as players who should be plying their trade one level down. No shame in that. Just poor calls by the Albion recruitment team.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have argued with my brother and my sons that he is not good enough, even in his best 20 minutes against Liverpool he didnt excite or impress me.enough to make me think otherwise.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Would be interested to know what your assessment of the player is based on. Certainly can't be based on anything he's ever shown in an Albion shirt. No more of a fraudster than Akpom or James Wilson. All three of them could be judged, fairly, earlydoors, in the stripes, as players who should be plying their trade one level down. No shame in that. Just poor calls by the Albion recruitment team.

James Wilson wasn't a fraudster, he played ok for us at times. Everyone is so desparate at the moment to talk up Baldock based on his handful of good performances, whilst ignoring that first season where he contributed to the Ipswich game, only.

As others have also mentioned, he played reasonably well against Liverpool playing out on the left. It's not fair to write him off when he's not really played in his strongest position for us, we're not in a position to judge. Akpom is different because he got plenty of chances to play through the middle in his supposedly strong position, and he was totally awful. I honestly can't think of another Albion player who has been booed off at the Amex, including Conway who also only played well once or twice for us.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
The thing that bugs me the most about Brown, isn’t the fact that apparently he isn’t good enough or hasn’t had the opportunities, it’s the fact that we are nurturing Chelsea’s players and not our own.

James Tilley could not have done any worse with the chances (albeit limited) thatBrown has been given.

This This and more this.We should be looking to blood at least one new boy every season. from left back to centre forward, even if its for 10 minutes at the end of an occasional game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here