Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Izzy Brown

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I think that's a little bit unfair. The NSC twitter account, ie me, rarely interacts with Andy's stuff on twitter. I have no way of quantifying that, but I'd guess at that being 3 or 4 times a year, tops, and isn't done mockingly. The main reason for that is most days I don't even look at twitter at all. I guess I'm somewhat of a selfish twitter user - I expect people to read the stuff I send out (which is generally done from Buffer, a third party app) but rarely read what others write.

As you're aware, I didn't even know Andy had tweeted about this thread until someone pointed it out to me.

The tweet in question relating to the handball was sent very much tongue in cheek, many hours after the event and when Andy would have had the opportunity to view the same video replays I had access to in the pub. Maybe I should use little smiley faces more.

As I've said repeatedly, he has a very difficult job and one that I doubt many would truly want. He has to generate sizeable volumes of Albion content and is often reliant on the club to make it stand out from other stuff. He also has many thousand of amateurs scanning social media everywhere to get a sniff of what might be going on, particularly regarding transfers. One man simply can't compete with this informal crowd-sourcing model that now happens.

Additionally, the newspaper model has been changing dramatically, and a large part of his job is trying to direct eyeballs to a horrible ad-laden site that he has no control over.

Anyone who criticises Andy Naylor should read some local papers/websites in other towns and cities and be thankful.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I wish Izzy a full and speedy recovery. I'm not going to put the boot into him after he suffered such a serious injury. Hope it all turns out well for him in the end.

Great shame about the injury. I think he did show promise, but he didn't get a great deal of time after the Man city injury. Lets hope he recovers soon, and gets to play again next season. I doubt it will be for us, but that doesn't mean he isn't good enough for the PL.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I think that's a little bit unfair. The NSC twitter account, ie me, rarely interacts with Andy's stuff on twitter. I have no way of quantifying that, but I'd guess at that being 3 or 4 times a year, tops, and isn't done mockingly. The main reason for that is most days I don't even look at twitter at all. I guess I'm somewhat of a selfish twitter user - I expect people to read the stuff I send out (which is generally done from Buffer, a third party app) but rarely read what others write.

As you're aware, I didn't even know Andy had tweeted about this thread until someone pointed it out to me.

The tweet in question relating to the handball was sent very much tongue in cheek, many hours after the event and when Andy would have had the opportunity to view the same video replays I had access to in the pub. Maybe I should use little smiley faces more.

As I've said repeatedly, he has a very difficult job and one that I doubt many would truly want. He has to generate sizeable volumes of Albion content and is often reliant on the club to make it stand out from other stuff. He also has many thousand of amateurs scanning social media everywhere to get a sniff of what might be going on, particularly regarding transfers. One man simply can't compete with this informal crowd-sourcing model that now happens.

Additionally, the newspaper model has been changing dramatically, and a large part of his job is trying to direct eyeballs to a horrible ad-laden site that he has no control over.

Just out of interest - why did the NSC twitter account, on Sunday, "like" 14 different tweets concerning the anniversary of Galileo discovering the moons of Jupiter? Seemed very random and non-football related which, of course, made me think it was some sort of hint about our new striker signing. But unless there is a Jimmy Galileo knocking in the goals for fun in La Liga, it went completely over my head if so? :shrug:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just out of interest - why did the NSC twitter account, on Sunday, "like" 14 different tweets concerning the anniversary of Galileo discovering the moons of Jupiter? Seemed very random and non-football related which, of course, made me think it was some sort of hint about our new striker signing. But unless there is a Jimmy Galileo knocking in the goals for fun in La Liga, it went completely over my head if so? :shrug:

Because I wasn't paying attention to which twitter account I was using on my phone. It was NSC's and not the one of the company I'm doing some freelancing for! It wasn't the first time, it won't be the last!

Edit: but thanks for the idea the next time I have an inside scoop!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nah Dave Galileo is the fella we want.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Because I wasn't paying attention to which twitter account I was using on my phone. It was NSC's and not the one of the company I'm doing some freelancing for! It wasn't the first time, it won't be the last!

:lol: Is it wrong of me to hope that this company's twitter followers are still bemused by the flood of re-tweets/likes of Albion/Palace bantz they received over the weekend?!

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

It had me googling the moons of Jupiter to see if any corresponded with players I may have heard of!!

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England

Haha it'd be much funnier the other way round, liking loads of football stuff on their account. I had 8 or 9 email accounts set up on my outlook and had to be so careful to send from the right account due to working for 2 competitors. I had the same display name and got away with messing up a couple of times then set up a myriad of outlook rules for a little insurance

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter

Was this why the NSC account kept liking tweets with Galileo in on Sunday? I thought it was cryptic clues for a new striker :facepalm:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Was this why the NSC account kept liking tweets with Galileo in on Sunday? I thought it was cryptic clues for a new striker :facepalm:
I just thought the twitter account was just replicating this place:-

Football
Football
Football
Random stuff on planets
Football
Football.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

I guess we're about to sign Jimmy Neptune :thumbsup:

[TWEET]957764764654096384[/TWEET]

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I was hoping for a new mid field three of Galileo, Galileo(figaro magnifico) , Beelzebub, and the centre back Bismillah! We will not let you go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here