Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Our passing today

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Because some fans are realistic about what was going to happen this season. This season is about staying up and nothing else. If you don’t get that then you are an idiot. If you think the club don’t get this then you are bigger idiot.

Good result today. Beat Bournemouth in the next game it becomes a great result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fails to understand point in spectacular fashion (and despite use of capital font)...:ffsparr:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Same old same old. It’s supposed to be entertainment featuring GOALS and yet we don’t even shoot let alone witness GOALS. Spare me the long term bolllcks, that doesn’t exist in football. It’s now or tomorrow. We need to score GOALS to stop ourselves dying from boredom let alone stay up. We’re just so incredibly DULL. And I for one am not going to sit back all content because we simply prevented another team from scoring. GOALS. I want to see some ****ing GOALS from my team. Yet not one player, let alone two or three, in a professional squad of ‘elite’ players can do this. It’s nothing short of embarrassing. And boring as hell to watch. No other team is as predictable as us. If you’re a gambler (I’m not) the you should be living in a Manor House by now it’s so easy. You need shooting if you’ve not cleaned up recently. Get all your money and stick it on Brighton & Nil Albion.

If you just want goals can I suggest you go and watch Stoke City for the rest if the season as goals are flying in during their games. And if you do don't come on here moaning that they've lost yet again just enjoy the 5-0 defeat.

There is more to football than goals. We get that you don't gave the intelligence to enjoy the defensive side of the game but others do. Maty Ryan now has 8 PL clean sheets which should be celebrated and not something to knock.

But lets go all out attack and line up in a 235 firmation against Bournemouth and you can report on how enjoyable the 3-12 drubbing was.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
sheebo;8259694 Way too much negativity on here. We’ve just got to St James’ Park and got a point against Newcastle bloody United! [/QUOTE said:
Spot on! Last season they took all 6 points, this season we’ve taken 4 and they’ve only taken 1. That looks like an improvement to me. There’s a few on here who need to lighten up, we’re doing ok.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Indeed.

And it is also true that the squad cannot be completely brought up to PL standard in 1 summer. It'll take a few seasons.

The strategy has to be survive, improve squad, survive more comfortably, improve squad, survive even more comfortably + compete in cups etc.

Pretty much this.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
If you just want goals can I suggest you go and watch Stoke City for the rest if the season as goals are flying in during their games. And if you do don't come on here moaning that they've lost yet again just enjoy the 5-0 defeat.

There is more to football than goals. We get that you don't gave the intelligence to enjoy the defensive side of the game but others do. Maty Ryan now has 8 PL clean sheets which should be celebrated and not something to knock.

But lets go all out attack and line up in a 235 firmation against Bournemouth and you can report on how enjoyable the 3-12 drubbing was.

Another moron missing the point and unable to understand a few goals now and again is not too much to ask for even at this level let’s define this as more than 1 in 6 games shall we, for sake of arguing). It’s supposed to be entertainment after all. Actually, let’s start with shooting first. Scrub goals, Id like to see us SHOOT. Now, wait for all the club can do no wrong appeasers to say how ridiculous that is and that we can’t expect to be shooting in a game of football. In the top flight. Blah blah

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Why are those that tender an alternative opinion or express they would like to see more goals considered morons who know FA ? this forum is about opinions and comment from the diverse contributors and everyone is entitled to say what they think.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Jesus Christ. I missread the thread header as meaning today was the day of our passing. FFS. Do be a bit more careful. Some of us have weak hearts and, er, loose sphyncters. :facepalm::wrong::lolol:

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Another moron missing the point and unable to understand a few goals now and again is not too much to ask for even at this level let’s define this as more than 1 in 6 games shall we, for sake of arguing). It’s supposed to be entertainment after all. Actually, let’s start with shooting first. Scrub goals, Id like to see us SHOOT. Now, wait for all the club can do no wrong appeasers to say how ridiculous that is and that we can’t expect to be shooting in a game of football. In the top flight. Blah blah

From your join date you are not a JCL but have you read your tagline?

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Doing it the hughton way , he did it at Norwich , it’s a complete borefest zzzz
But another point I suppose but it’s getting really really turdidge and I feel sorry for the amount of money people spend to watch our team play away or is play the correct word . Did the travelling fans get a free drink and pie today?

You sound like the bloke behind us today who went through every football cliche and also said we were crap for the nearly whole ninety minutes
I bit my lip for 85 minutes then turned round and told him not to bother to come to the games in future and when asked if he was happy to take a point away from home he promptly shut his mouth

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Passing was much better today, but on 3 occasions Solly, Bong and Bruno completely miscontrolled the ball, allowing it to roll out of play. I think this is an indication that we still need to come to terms with the pace of the Premier League, but we are definitely improving.

Now we just need that illusive 20 goal a season striker and a medal for Matty Ryan who was exceptional today.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Agree with that - there wasn’t enough penetration to get forward. But the quality of pass and control was brilliant to see. So many excellent moves in triangles - just not far enough up the pitch. Good point, stay positive :thumbsup:

Way too much negativity on here. We’ve just got to St James’ Park and got a point against Newcastle bloody United! If that was last season we’d have been over the moon! People need to appreciate where we are - it’s a long game if we’re going to build a squad to really compete in this league!!!!!

You are so right, to pick up a point at a club so superior, on paper was a massive plus for us, we could well avoid relegation if we can repeat this form

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Agree with that - there wasn’t enough penetration to get forward. But the quality of pass and control was brilliant to see. So many excellent moves in triangles - just not far enough up the pitch. Good point, stay positive :thumbsup:

Way too much negativity on here. We’ve just got to St James’ Park and got a point against Newcastle bloody United! If that was last season we’d have been over the moon! People need to appreciate where we are - it’s a long game if we’re going to build a squad to really compete in this league!!!!!

Completely agree. Those complaining about backwards passing must either have been asleep during the Poyet/Garcia years or were too busy cheering on Manure or Chelsea.

Getting bored now of people criticising Hughtons tactics, when it’s clearly reaping dividends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

We have scored a few goals now and again. If the attacking play is not to your liking just stay away its that simple but moan moan moan moan. Its just boring having to read your posts

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

Good grief. It's like listening to a spolit child. Hughton is utilising the squad we have to achieve the most points he feels we can. Sure we could go all out attack and perhaps score more goals with the almost certain outcome that we'd go down. The aim this season is to stay up by hook or by crook. Assuming we do we can then establish ourselves and be a little more daring next season. Given a couple of new acquisitions in this transfer window we may even become a little more expansive before next season. Posts like this were inevitable from the moment we were promoted. We are 12th so it's clearly a policy that's working

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Good grief. It's like listening to a spolit child. Hughton is utilising the squad we have to achieve the most points he feels we can. Sure we could go all out attack and perhaps score more goals with the almost certain outcome that we'd go down. The aim this season is to stay up by hook or by crook. Assuming we do we can then establish ourselves and be a little more daring next season. Given a couple of new acquisitions in this transfer window we may even become a little more expansive before next season. Posts like this were inevitable from the moment we were promoted. We are 12th so it's clearly a policy that's working
I don’t know why I’m replying. Clearly beyond you to comprehend that scoring goals could be part of a survival plan too. You believe that to attack and perhaps shoot and score more than once every 500mins of football is to play like kamikazes! And that it means opening the flood gates to concede a hatful in every game. What a load of bollocks! It seems I merely have higher standards and belief in the team than your negative, content with accountants, dullsville football. I bet you also shop for clothes at garden centres too, eh Derek? A nice grey or beige jumper caught your eye in the Sales? :lolol:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
We have scored a few goals now and again. If the attacking play is not to your liking just stay away its that simple but moan moan moan moan. Its just boring having to read your posts

Then use the ignore button - it’s there for those who can’t handle it / construct a strong argument in reply. Like, er, YOU!:drink::cool:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here