Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bournemouth FFP

RyFish

Dec 6, 2011
Apologies if posted elsewhere, but I couldn't see it - from The Secret Footballer on Twitter:

Secret Footballer @TSF
I’m hearing that Bournemouth are to be investigated by Financial Fair Play regarding the year the club was promoted from the Championship where it is claimed they had the highest paid manager that season and the largest wage bill against one of the smallest attendances.

Old news, perhaps.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Apologies if posted elsewhere, but I couldn't see it - from The Secret Footballer on Twitter:

Secret Footballer @TSF
I’m hearing that Bournemouth are to be investigated by Financial Fair Play regarding the year the club was promoted from the Championship where it is claimed they had the highest paid manager that season and the largest wage bill against one of the smallest attendances.

Old news, perhaps.

Very old news. They were fined £7.6m for breaching ffp in May 2016.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
The club have been in an going dispute with the EFL over their financial results for their Championship-winning 2014/15 season.

And, in a club statement, Bournemouth have revealed they have reached an agreement to pay £4.75m in fines.

Russian businessman Maxim Demin pumped millions into Bournemouth when he took over in 2011, which led to the south coast club’s meteoric rise to the top flight.

The club were down in League Two in the 2009/10 season but secured three promotions in six seasons – including their Championship title – to break into the Premier League.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/talksp...afc-bournemouth-fine-financial-fair-play/amp/

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Less than a £5m fine for over a £100m prize seems like a good deal.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Bournemouth = small club gambling and winning

Aston Villa, Derby and Sheffield Wednesday = Big club gambling and losing

With parachute payments smaller clubs have got to gamble if they want to reach the promised land although there is no substitute for a well run club.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
A good result for the Cherries. Good to see a small club upsetting the apple cart.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here