NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
About his level L1/lower championship

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
About his level L1/lower championship

I think there will be some debate to that - but I think you're absolutely right. He put in a few performances over the last couple of years and we generously gave him a Premier League appearance or two this season but he's really a long way short at this level and I didn't really think he was up to the top end of the Championship. He came in when our expectations were significantly lower, he's made a good contribution but the club have improved enormously in the three years he's been here.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I'm sure he played 74 times over 2 seasons for one of the best sides in the Championship. Why has his level dropped to league 1 all of a sudden?

it hasn't, it was always at that level. Skillful player but lacking up top where the decision making process takes place.

Those 74 appearances are over two and half seasons and you neglect to differentiate between starts and subs?

Probably best to off load him in this window to free up space in the 25, especially as he isn't a home grown player!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
L1, you have been on the Christmas Sherry a bit too much ������

Only stating where Scottish football is and that he should be ok

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Would suspect he will only go if we sign another winger. If we sell without a replacement an injury to either AK, Solly or Jose will bring Skalak on to the bench which is a scary prospect. If we could get Moussa from Leicester who is seemingly up for sale and sell Murphy that would be a good swap for me and give us another wide player with genuine pace (who can also play through the middle).

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Would suspect he will only go if we sign another winger. If we sell without a replacement an injury to either AK, Solly or Jose will bring Skalak on to the bench which is a scary prospect. If we could get Moussa from Leicester who is seemingly up for sale and sell Murphy that would be a good swap for me and give us another wide player with genuine pace (who can also play through the middle).
I suspect Ahannach would just take Murphy's place in the 25.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Really like Murphy but also agree he’s a good Championship squad player more than premier league. Was a good signing though, and did very well for us in his time here.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
it hasn't, it was always at that level. Skillful player but lacking up top where the decision making process takes place.

Those 74 appearances are over two and half seasons and you neglect to differentiate between starts and subs?

Probably best to off load him in this window to free up space in the 25, especially as he isn't a home grown player!

52 starts in 2 seasons in the Championship according to Soccerbase. Not bad for someone who is league 1 standard.

I agree that his time here is probably over but there's no need to disrespect a player that helped us get promoted.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Really like Murphy but also agree he’s a good Championship squad player more than premier league. Was a good signing though, and did very well for us in his time here.

Totally agree. Apart from Man City, not had a sniff this season. Could perhaps count himself unlucky as our 3 wingers given the game time so far haven't been consistently good

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Difference between Murphy and Skalak is that we now know Murphy isn't good enough for the Prem. Skalak may actually be a better decisionmaker than say Solly, who seems to have lost his self belief.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here