Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I am quite happy to think that we should be able to beat Newcastle away......

....... But

........ newcastle will also be thinking they should beat us at home. Good result. The game is always complicated by the presence of the other team, as Jean-Paul Sartre once said........ see my sign-off.

Indeed.

One of my Newcastle (season ticket holding) supporting friends was on his FB page around 3pm claiming this was almost a guaranteed three points for the 'Army... Nothing too usual about that up here, BUT... the above (your line) bears repeating. This is a tough league and we're capably hanging in there.

Rock on...

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
yeh .....i would have taken a point before kick off but having watched the game we had numerous opportunities to test Darlow out ....March , Stephens and Knocky most notably......why will they just not have a go when they get a sight on goal ....??? frustrating to the max but a point is good up there....please , please , please can we beat Bournemouth tho........please....!!!

We never beat Bournemouth!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Trouble with drawing a lot of games now against teams of a similar status, is that if/when we start losing (as in the last few games of the season), we could drop down the league like a stone.

D

Deleted member 2719

Then it's bad point, as we settled for the draw after taking Murray off, but 4 points from these two games will be fine for me, just need the 3 on Monday, to win neither won't be clever.

Lets hope we go for the 3 then. :thumbsup:

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
I don’t really care how boring/cautious/lucky/etc we are. Every point is precious, lets strive to be the least bad team, get as many points as we can, no matter how, and build on that from next season. Saying that, I’m rather glad I didn’t make the trip up to the frozen north today, SSN had nothing good to say about either team (except Maty Ryan, who was brilliant)!

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Considering we ended Sept with no striker signings I think Chris has worked wonders.
I defy anyone to honestly say they wouldn't have taken this position (including style of play etc) at the end of August.
I'm absolutely delighted with the season so far and intend to keep on enjoying it whatever happens.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Anyway, I have got it off my chest now, one point, none conceded, 12th in the league and a bunch of Stella sitting around me, happy days :smile:

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Dunk just got booked. Is he missing Bournemouth game?

Radio commentary team said that both Dunk and Knockhaert would be suspended for the Bournemouth games after picking up yellow cards.

Poor prep as the yellows were expunged after the Watford home game. Duffy was the only one picking up a one game ban for 5 yellows.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Take the point but we are toilet in the final third. That game could be going on till midnight and we’d not score.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
I was pleased with an away point and would have taken that at the start. Expected more from Newcastle (as did their fans clearly). Agree we should have given Jose the last 20 mins though, we enjoyed good possession, had more shots on target, more corners....but never really looked like scoring.

We are a mind-blowing 12th in the premier league going into 2018 (and the window opening). We have a side that belong at this level but clearly with no cutting edge up top - will Tony gamble?

I just mentioned it in another post, it's not just 'up top' (a striker) that we need. I think it's a quality winger and giving Izquierdo a really good run of games to see what he can do. Also taking a little gamble every so often like today needed to go steal a win.

I'm being quite negative after the result today which I'm going to blame on how sh*t the match was.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Then it's bad point, as we settled for the draw after taking Murray off, but 4 points from these two games will be fine for me, just need the 3 on Monday, to win neither won't be clever.

It is never going to be a bad point... its one more than I thought we would get or in my more positive times the point we might have got. Never thought we would get 3.

The muff game is a separate entity and one we must win...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Radio commentary team said that both Dunk and Knockhaert would be suspended for the Bournemouth games after picking up yellow cards.

Poor prep as the yellows were expunged after the Watford home game. Duffy was the only one picking up a one game ban for 5 yellows.
The radio information doesn't comply with the card amnesty rules published by the PL.

There is a mistake / misunderstanding somewhere.

D

Deleted member 2719

I think we should cross that bridge when we get to it. It's bad enough moaning about today's game, without worrying about Momday.

But you could say it puts more pressure on that match when maybe we could have lifted that off a bit today.

Why only use the one sub???

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Knockaert was just as poor as March too I thought.

Ok I have only seen home games, but I can't remember knocky having a decent game.

I just don't understand why we don't give iz a game. He is our big signing and he is very much a bit part player...I hope this is not another elvis situation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here