Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
3 points today please :albion2:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Bit pissed off by Football Focus describing today as "the big match at the bottom of the table"
Feels like a classic case of assuming we are going to go down and not bothering to actually look at the league table

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
My worry is that Hughton sets us up defensively, have a go, they are very beatable as their last 5 home games have proved. Just cant see it, i think we will set up to contain, spoil, nick it on the break and will come unstuck much like last season up there.

Seagulls perm

Banned
Apr 20, 2017
Great night out in the Big Market last night with some great Albion characters. Foz, Swabey, Gary Pearce, you've still got It! Same again tonight with a 3 points bagged.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Bit pissed off by Football Focus describing today as "the big match at the bottom of the table"
Feels like a classic case of assuming we are going to go down and not bothering to actually look at the league table

They actually described it as a "bottom of the table scrap". We are 12th ffs!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Don't have a great feeling about today. Hope I'm wrong, but I'd settle for a point right now if it was on offer.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Not feeling confident. I fear another Huddersfield performance and dejavu of last season when we didn’t turn up in a hostile atmosphere. Newcastle have lost five on the bounce at home and that can’t continue for much longer.

I was at a different game last season if it was meant to be a hostile atmosphere. Have never been so disappointed as an away fan at the lack of atmosphere at a ground. It may just be because I was expecting a loud home crowd but they were quiet as mice bar 5 minutes after each goal.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I was at a different game last season if it was meant to be a hostile atmosphere. Have never been so disappointed as an away fan at the lack of atmosphere at a ground. It may just be because I was expecting a loud home crowd but they were quiet as mice bar 5 minutes after each goal.

Fair enough, I wasn’t there but just assumed that given the importance of the game and the size of the crowd that the atmosphere would have been hostile.

Really hoping that we can put in a great away performance but our very negative set up for most away games, and lack of pace up front and the drying up of goals worries me

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Fair enough, I wasn’t there but just assumed that given the importance of the game and the size of the crowd that the atmosphere would have been hostile.

Nah, they were pathetic. Didn't even see then punch any horses after the game either! Came away very disappointed.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Nah, they were pathetic. Didn't even see then punch any horses after the game either! Came away very disappointed.

They only punch when they're losing!! After losing five already it could be like a knackers yard this evening

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
0FDE4DE4-55CD-4131-B732-F729A492F6E0.jpeg

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Glad Shelvey ain’t starting.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
The pie and drink are a nice gesture, but an oxygen cylinder might have been more use after all those bloody stairs!

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
Solid team. Murray to 'win' a free kick just outside of the box for Knockaert to score. My £5 saturday bet money is an away win!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here