Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Reading the whole thing........
For example, a Premier League player earning their fifth caution of the season on or after the 20th League Match would not earn any ban. However, if they received ten cautions by the 32nd League Match, a ban would apply.

Two points dropped.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I'm watching Manure v Stains and it looks pretty much the same as our game so far.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Really frustrated that players were not confident to shoot. Match curls balls into the top corner all the time during the warm up, but wouldn’t go near a shot (hardly a cross either to be honest). Poor delivery into the box and no one prepared to shoot (except AK). Urgently need incoming players if only to raise the spirits in front of goal. Why Baldock didn’t get on for Gross or March I have no idea.

I'd like to see a plan B deployed, I know we will lose more than we currently do but we would also win more and score more goals which should breed confidence to shoot!

Newcastle are the perfect opposition to deploy a 2nd striker against. I hope we use the cup game to trial something a little new

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Inch High Private Ryan

Perhaps these kangaroo boots could help solve the problem :lolol:
2D9DA9DE-719D-4CDE-A2A0-9B31E7498F67.jpeg

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Ok performance... very happy with point - reached my 4 pt target for these three games but Murray was abysmal.

All things considering I would have thrown Baldock on... if he's not fit why is he on the bench?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I haven't read all the posts, so apologies if this has been posted already.

From the BBC Sport website: "Brighton striker Glenn Murray touched the ball 30 times, but only once in the opposition half."

:facepalm:

ShanklySeagull

Justice for the 96...
May 30, 2011
Littlehampton
The omens were there in the pre match warm up. The majority of the teams shots in the finishing drill went high and wide of the goal.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Cracking point. Well happy with that. Time to put B'muff back in their box on Monday. Up the Albion!

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I haven't read all the posts, so apologies if this has been posted already.

From the BBC Sport website: "Brighton striker Glenn Murray touched the ball 30 times, but only once in the opposition half."

:facepalm:
Let's get that right. Only once in the opposition's penalty area. While we are at it we had 11 shorts to their 10. 3 shots on target to their 2. So we edged it, but a draw was probably a fair result and a decent one considering it was away from home and against a team that would have been targeting this game for 3 points. A team on the slide, like Newcastle, will be thinking' if we can't beat Brighton at home we are going to struggle'. Physiologically we have a big boost by staying above them and taking 4 points off them this season. Especially revealing that they did the double over us last season. We have strengthened and they haven't.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Messi would have done **** all today, as the tactic seemed to be don't enter the Newcastle final third

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

We entered their bottom many times, we just didn't know how to shove one in their net.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
I thought March had a much better game today. Seemed much keener on taking his player on. End result not always great but defended well and seemed stronger in the tackle.

I thought he worked really hard as well. Needs to get that left foot of his sorted out and we might start bouncing a few in.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I thought he worked really hard as well. Needs to get that left foot of his sorted out and we might start bouncing a few in.

You must have been up in the gods. I was sat halfway line in the directors box, look at me, and thought he was dreadful

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here