Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Again just not good enough against a shot Newcastle side. Terrible game, I suggest we all give MOTD a wide berth. :facepalm:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Two points thrown away today by our total reluctance to attack. Newcastle were rubbish and there for the taking, we just sit back. So frustrating.

But that is hughton's game and always has been in the prem. set up not to lose and if we get a goal all well and good, but so long as we get a point.

If we don't win at home to Bournemouth, this could get interesting...we have a horrible last 6 games of the season!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Have to be happy with a point but (from the stream) I thought we were the better side.

I would have been gutted to lose that. Newcastle were poor.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Again just not good enough against a shot Newcastle side. Terrible game, I suggest we all give MOTD a wide berth. :facepalm:

I wouldn't worry on that, motd will be giving us a very, very wide berth.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Two points thrown away today by our total reluctance to attack. Newcastle were rubbish and there for the taking, we just sit back. So frustrating.
We were so slow in attacking today. There were a few times that the person on the ball could and should have run/passed forward but just checked and passed backwards. Two points dropped as NU were poor but another point in the bag.

WGull

Jan 27, 2017
i'll take a point, first half of the season we had 4 points from the watford and newcastle games and we have taken 4 more in the second half, we need to try and get something from the bournemouth game though

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Newcastle were there for the taking, which makes it frustrating. A point is a point though I suppose.

However we could carry on playing all evening and we still wouldn't have scored, no striker in the world would've made much difference today.

Not the most entertaining game to watch, but we deserved at least a draw. The thing to focus on, is that we got 4 points from the two games against Newcastle. If we can get the same return against most of the teams in the bottom half of the table, we will be ok.

D

Deleted member 2719

Dear Chris,

Attachments

• Risks.png
    Risks.png
    143.2 KB · Views: 354

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Bong was our only player who had a noticeably good game imo.

I heard Ryan had a good game.

We are still 12th. We've got another clean sheet away.

We are beginning to sound like Norwich fans, & that worked out well for them, didn't it?

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
Streamed the whole game, wish I hadn't because it was one of the worst games Iv'e seen in a very long time! No quality from either team in the final third. Appreciate the need for a point away from home and March/Knockaert were defending well, but they were there for the taking today and to not give Izquierdo a go for 25 minutes seemed a bit strange. Not often we'll be away from home and have a chance like that to get 3 points.

..... but a point is a point, I guess.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
We were so slow in attacking today. There were a few times that the person on the ball could and should have run/passed forward but just checked and passed backwards. Two points dropped as NU were poor but another point in the bag.

I'm a bit disappointed Suttner didn't start today (not sure if injured or not). I thought him and Solly have been linking up quite well lately.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Bong was our only player who had a noticeably good game imo.
Ryan was our best player, which says a lot in itself.

Bong is okay defensively but looks like a deer in the headlights when he gets into the oppositions half. Too scared to overlap and can't cross the ball.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Get a striker in or we're going down, look at our recent goalscoring record... Defence solid, attack non existent...

Also can March actually cross the ball? As it doesn't seem like it most of the time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here