Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Southampton away - tickets

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Strange one - it's a massive game for us, easy to get to and is our only away game between 13th January and 10th February.

when are the STH only people allowed to try and get a ticket? next week isn't it?

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
And the cheapest of all aways at just £20! *doffs cap in Saints' direction*

Strictly speaking, your cap should be doffed NOT at Saints themselves, but towards their sponsors Virgin Media, who I understand are the ones who subsidise the tickets down to £20.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Strictly speaking, your cap should be doffed NOT at Saints themselves, but towards their sponsors Virgin Media, who I understand are the ones who subsidise the tickets down to £20.

You are correct! I couldn't remember who it was but yes I knew it was something to do with someone subsidising it. Even so, still brilliant.

Especially when some teams *cough* West ham *cough* charged me £25 for an 8 year old :rant:

Jul 7, 2003
Just out of interest, I wonder if we would even sell out this match if it was played again next season at the same time without the 'first PL season' novelty?

Don't think we have ever failed to sell out our allocation at St Marys - even for the League 1 clash a few years ago.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Arrived today :thumbsup:

envelope_printed.gif

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I guess the midweek factor is pretty big for a lot of people. I look at it as a local game but if you work it’s still hard to get to I guess.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Easy to get to but train home is very tight back to Brighton, no chance of getting back to Hastings by train. Luckily blagged a lift off a mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
It's possible to get back to Hastings via London if you can get the 2200. More expensive mind.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

el punal

With regard to the various posts about the generosity of Saints/Sponsors offering cut price tickets there is maybe an ulterior motive here. Southampton's attendances are declining. Their fans are seriously fed up with what's being served up on the pitch and are now playing the "stay away" game in protest. Proof of the pudding? The two most recent home fixtures have been 29,000 against Huddersfield and 28,000 against Palace. The capacity of St.Mary's is 32,600+. Southampton maybe thinking that if they can't attract their our own fans at least make it attractive for visiting supporters.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
With regard to the various posts about the generosity of Saints/Sponsors offering cut price tickets there is maybe an ulterior motive here. Southampton's attendances are declining. Their fans are seriously fed up with what's being served up on the pitch and are now playing the "stay away" game in protest. Proof of the pudding? The two most recent home fixtures have been 29,000 against Huddersfield and 28,000 against Palace. The capacity of St.Mary's is 32,600+. Southampton maybe thinking that if they can't attract their our own fans at least make it attractive for visiting supporters.

The reason that the tickets are £20 is that their sponsors Virgin Media subsidise the it. Nothing to do with Saints trying to attract away fans really! They still get the full money. You are right about the general malaise that Saints fans have at the moment though!

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
It's possible to get back to Hastings via London if you can get the 2200. More expensive mind.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

More expensive and very tight to make it back to the station by 22.00 without missing last few minutes of the game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here