Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] VPN is it beneficial

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Yeah, it comes already installed with the download.
Follow these steps to access a VPN

Click-on Menu > New Private Window > VPN (in the address bar) > Black Off button (to turn on VPN) > Optimal Location below will be shown below as the default VPN
or you can scroll down and choose between Canada, USA, Germany, Netherlands or Singapore.

Does this (having a VPN) improve access to free live streaming? Also are you more likely to find one that doesn't keep freezing?

D

Deleted member 2719

You do realise BG that if you watch epl games even with a VPN the police will catch you and spank your bottom until it is blue

This is true, but they might let BG jump the turnstiles at a Premier league game with rook scarers and flares and ignite them all game and not even touch him.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
The premier league now block uk access to all Iptv servers for the duration of any premier league matches, so a vpn is essential. Even Mobdro sports channels are inaccessible during matches without a vpn.

They say that but I've watched all away games this season.

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
Yeah, it comes already installed with the download.
Follow these steps to access a VPN

Click-on Menu > New Private Window > VPN (in the address bar) > Black Off button (to turn on VPN) > Optimal Location below will be shown below as the default VPN
or you can scroll down and choose between Canada, USA, Germany, Netherlands or Singapore.

Many thanks for this information. I have used Opera a long time, so I am very grateful to know this.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
No I had woken up, as usual to check the test score as I have give up watching it live . As regards trhe VPN I have installed Opera after being advised so as to watch a game but cannot see where or how you add the free VPN which would probably suffice for what I need. Or is it automatically added as part of the download? In which case I neednt worry about it and just use that instead of Chrome.

No idea BG it’s all a bit beyond me..the technology department in my abode is run by my son

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I'm gonna give it a go but wanna know the best way to stream via a VPN (PM me if you like people)

Hope you had a good xmas btnbelle

VPN is not a streaming service, it reroutes your traffic via a Virtual Private Network.

When you connect to a website it goes:
[your house]===[website]===[your house]
Traffic is clear for all to see (the actual data might be encrypted but the traffic, IP addresses etc are clear)

If you use a VPN it goes
[your house]***[VPN provider]===[website]===[VPN provider]***[your house]
Traffic is sent on an encrypted tunnel to/from your computer and so everything between you and the provider is secret (the *** bit).
The VPN provider will have servers in a number of countries so if you want to watch iplayer and set your VPN location as France traffic will go from BBC to France and back. This slows it down a bit but can be useful.

Most VPN providers do not keep logs so no-one knows where the traffic originates.

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
VPN is not a streaming service, it reroutes your traffic via a Virtual Private Network.

Traffic is clear for all to see (the actual data might be encrypted but the traffic, IP addresses etc are clear)

If you use a VPN it goes
Traffic is sent on an encrypted tunnel to/from your computer and so everything between you and the provider is secret (the *** bit).
The VPN provider will have servers in a number of countries so if you want to watch iplayer and set your VPN location as France traffic will go from BBC to France and back. This slows it down a bit but can be useful.

Most VPN providers do not keep logs so no-one knows where the traffic originates.

So will we be able to view streams that we can't access due to being blocked by our broadband companies?

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England

If you use a VPN it goes

Thanks happy pig I did kind of know that to an extent but well explained, I know how VPNs work kinda

My question really was I suppose once you have a VPN/client whats the best way to stream via the connection

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
It has been suggested to me that if watching games on my laptop I should get VPN but it seems quite expensive, not per month, but the deals are for 2 or 3 years and being 74 I wonder about the long term. Any advice or guidance would be appreciated

As I told you last night in the PM conversation operas VPN is free just needs turning on

Firefox is also free as an add on.

I also told you there was no need to pay for one just to watch football.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
So will we be able to view streams that we can't access due to being blocked by our broadband companies?

Yes. Virgin are blocking the majority of my streams, so I run Opera VPN and all good, including Mobdro. The reason for this is because they think you are connecting to a vpn site and know nothing about the streaming.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
There are numerous benefits of a VPN. A paid VPN will give you far greater speeds and allow you to watch higher quality content than a free VPN.

Benefits of a VPN:

- Allows you to watch all Brighton games that are not on Sky/BT if you sign up to NBC Sports Gold ($50 for a season pass). Useful if you don't want to be pissing about with a dodgy stream every week.
- Allows you to use P2P services for movies, TV shows and sports streaming (these generally provide the highest quality content, and a VPN is essential for these services to prevent copyright holders/your ISP tracking you).
- Allows you to find streams and torrents that are blocked by UK ISPs, providing you a greater choice of content to choose from.
- If you have subscription services like Netflix, a VPN will allow you to watch shows and series that have not yet been released in the UK.

For football streaming, all the best free streams are posted on Reddit Soccer Streams. The best streams (full HD) on Reddit are AceSteams, which is a P2P service which you will have to install. Because it's P2P, a VPN is absolutely essential.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As I told you last night in the PM conversation operas VPN is free just needs turning on

Firefox is also free as an add on.

I also told you there was no need to pay for one just to watch football.

I do appreciate what you are saying and thank you for that . As a result I downloaded Opera but my problem is turning the VPN on. Apparently, according to other posts on here it is essential for redditt.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
I do appreciate what you are saying and thank you for that . As a result I downloaded Opera but my problem is turning the VPN on. Apparently, according to other posts on here it is essential for redditt.

It depends on which stream you are using as to whether it is essential. If you are using an internet stream it's not essential. But if you want access to better streams, it is essential.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It depends on which stream you are using as to whether it is essential. If you are using an internet stream it's not essential. But if you want access to better streams, it is essential.

I am planning on using redditt/soccerstreams as i9s has been suggested that it uis a good one and our games are usually shown on it. Our game at Newcastle is shown on their upcoming matches schedule.

Last edited:

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
My Dad lives abroad, still uses a VPN daily for iPlayer and Sky Go.

Use a VPN that definitely has a range of random IP addresses allocated.

OK.. I have tried several over the past year or so and had no joy.. Could you PM me the VPN service he uses..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here