Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 30/12 - 31/12

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
First clubs started to rest their best players for League Cup and FA Cup games,and now the trend of smaller Prem sides resting their best players for games they believe they can win has taken a firm hold and is set to grow.It will/has made a mockery of the Prem in the same way the big sides have done that with the cups and will continue to give us more distorted results such as Chelsea 5 Stoke 0.It will also help teams like City to go on these long winning streaks.When you have a few teams spending silly money and creating 2/3 leagues within a league then who can be surprised that teams put out weakened sides or just don't have a go.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I really don't think there's a great deal of difference. Palace were sitting back, soaking it up, crossing their fingers that City couldn't score and hoping they'd get a chance at some point or another. I think the main difference is that in Zaha they have a credible threat when they break. We just can't move the ball at that kind of speed and beat a man when it can make a real difference.

Palace v Man City: Possession 28%, Shots on Target: 1
Albion v Man City: Possession 22%, Shots on Target: 2
Arsenal v Albion: Possession 35%, Shots on Target: 1
Man Utd v Albion: Possession 42%, Shots on Target: 2
Albion v Liverpool: Possession 43%, Shots on Target: 2
Spurs v Albion: Possession 25%, Shots on Target: 4

So in summary, Palace 1 point, Brighton 0 points.
Stats mean diddly squat.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I'm not. I have no doubt at all that we are in for a long scrap alongside many other clubs.

It was you who bought points into it.

I was just replying to a pointless stat list, what were you implying?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I really don't think there's a great deal of difference. Palace were sitting back, soaking it up, crossing their fingers that City couldn't score and hoping they'd get a chance at some point or another. I think the main difference is that in Zaha they have a credible threat when they break. We just can't move the ball at that kind of speed and beat a man when it can make a real difference.

Palace v Man City: Possession 28%, Shots on Target: 1
Albion v Man City: Possession 22%, Shots on Target: 2
Arsenal v Albion: Possession 35%, Shots on Target: 1
Man Utd v Albion: Possession 42%, Shots on Target: 2
Albion v Liverpool: Possession 43%, Shots on Target: 2
Spurs v Albion: Possession 25%, Shots on Target: 4

Newcastle got 22% possession and similar stats v Man City as well. lt was always going to be a draw versus them. Why did I think we would win easily?

The only explanation is that Newcastle played defensively better than expected. Yedlin certainly did.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I was just replying to a pointless stat list, what were you implying?

I wasn’t implying anything - I was stating that your approach to the big clubs, based on what I saw today, is the same as ours and I detailed what that approach is.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I wasn’t implying anything - I was stating that your approach to the big clubs, based on what I saw today, is the same as ours and I detailed what that approach is.

If RH set us up like Hughton does, I wouldn't be happy.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
First clubs started to rest their best players for League Cup and FA Cup games,and now the trend of smaller Prem sides resting their best players for games they believe they can win has taken a firm hold and is set to grow.It will/has made a mockery of the Prem in the same way the big sides have done that with the cups and will continue to give us more distorted results such as Chelsea 5 Stoke 0.It will also help teams like City to go on these long winning streaks.When you have a few teams spending silly money and creating 2/3 leagues within a league then who can be surprised that teams put out weakened sides or just don't have a go.

There doesn't seem to be any way round that.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Pardew vs Arsenal. I can't muster any love.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
15 minutes to go for the first goal in five games of TV football from either side.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Wow! A goal!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here