Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Carvalhal new Swansea boss

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Realistically they need to win 6 and draw 6, or win 5 and draw 9 to stay up, out of 17 games. So lose a max of 5 or 6 games, that means getting at least one result against the top 6 and all of the teams in 7-12. Nah, they're down, so are West Brom.

Swansea only stayed up last season because Sigunson and Llorrente had worldies for the last 10 games, then they sold them without similar replacements. They would need to do that in January and those players would need to hit the ground running, highly unlikely.

I think that last spot is between about 6 teams and unfortunately we are one of them. Swansea proved last season that you have to win your way out of trouble, that means scoring goals, so I know it hasn't been mentioned yet on here but we need that EPL quality striker ASAP (preferably 2) or sadly I think it will be us in 18th.

CC has got three of those 6 wins already.

Mawson, Dyer, Clucas, Ayew are proven quality.

Clement patently failed.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He's doing far too good a job! They're not supposed to start shooting up the table, ffs.

Worrying times.......................

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Fair play I didn't see this coming.

Clearly......" Nah, they're down and so are West Brom "
Take a brave man now to see us finish above these two.

They are not safe yet.

No, they are not but having just beaten Liverpool and Arsenal, they have thrown down a marker to the rest and shown they mean business, whilst we limp along and keep making the same mistakes.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
He's doing far too good a job! They're not supposed to start shooting up the table, ffs.

Worrying times.......................

Indeed.
Too much reliance, from too many fans, on certain teams continuing to struggle and a blind faith that everything will be alright in the end, just so long as we sign a pacey striker. Meanwhile, our defence has been falling apart ( 19 goals conceded in the last 10 games ) Our goal difference, previously lauded and covetously protected, has been blown to bits and just to show how kind spirited we have been, we have generously played WBA ( who were a shambles until they met us ) slap bang back into form.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
And Wednesday sliding ever further down the table after sacking him, two red cards and a home loss yesterday pulling them towards the relegation zone while Carvalhal rips up trees at Swansea. Owlstalk is great reading if you're bored.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Hopefully the Swans new manager bounce is done now and normal service will resume

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here