Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Carvalhal new Swansea boss

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Didn't we all write the same about Roy, up the road?

I know I did.

I don't think so. Roy had done well in the Prem before and the only question was whether he could get that bunch of underachievers to play to their abilities. As soon as he showed that he could it was them out of danger (unfortunately).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
To be fair he did win a play off semi against BHA, even if they were playing with less players and reserves to make up the numbers due to injuries.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Hang on a minute. He failed to get Wednesday to the Premier League and is doing woefully with them this season, gets sacked and then gets a promotion to a Premier League club. Am I missing something?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hang on a minute. He failed to get Wednesday to the Premier League and is doing woefully with them this season, gets sacked and then gets a promotion to a Premier League club. Am I missing something?

Other than a probable tapping up, no you've not missed out anything.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
There might be an upturn in results for three or four games but as night follows day, they'll start losing. That's one of the relegation spots filled. :)

Cardiff to go up to maintain some Welshness? Much nicer city anyway.

Thank you, thank you, Carlos. I'd buy you a drink if you lived nearer. :laugh:

Followed my instinct! :)

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Swansea might be able to bring in a higher calibre of player in January if they're off the bottom or even out of the relegation zone. I wouldn't write them off yet. Carvalhal is used to winning matches over and over again with MASSIVE reaching the play-offs twice, albeit on a big budget. The American owners might just back him to pull off the great escape.

I'll be having a few quid on them in their first home match against Spurs next. Foolish or brave? I hope the crowd give Carvalhal all the respect and support that could just keep them up.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Swansea might be able to bring in a higher calibre of player in January if they're off the bottom or even out of the relegation zone. I wouldn't write them off yet. Carvalhal is used to winning matches over and over again with MASSIVE reaching the play-offs twice, albeit on a big budget. The American owners might just back him to pull off the great escape.

I'll be having a few quid on them in their first home match against Spurs next. Foolish or brave? I hope the crowd give Carvalhal all the respect and support that could just keep them up.

They have been dire for most the season.

They will beat Spurs, who will rotate a few and no Kane.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
They have been dire for most the season.

They will beat Spurs, who will rotate a few and no Kane.

Might be wise to bet early then.

The January transfer window is critical for them, especially if they can move some dead wood on and bring in two or three quality players. If Carvalhal can get Wilfried Bony firing again it'll be like a new signing.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Realistically they need to win 6 and draw 6, or win 5 and draw 9 to stay up, out of 17 games. So lose a max of 5 or 6 games, that means getting at least one result against the top 6 and all of the teams in 7-12. Nah, they're down, so are West Brom.

Swansea only stayed up last season because Sigunson and Llorrente had worldies for the last 10 games, then they sold them without similar replacements. They would need to do that in January and those players would need to hit the ground running, highly unlikely.

I think that last spot is between about 6 teams and unfortunately we are one of them. Swansea proved last season that you have to win your way out of trouble, that means scoring goals, so I know it hasn't been mentioned yet on here but we need that EPL quality striker ASAP (preferably 2) or sadly I think it will be us in 18th.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here