Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Carvalhal new Swansea boss

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Didn't we all write the same about Roy, up the road?

I know I did.

Not really, we knew they had the players so it’s no real surprise that he turned it around. However Carlos kick-a-ball is another matter entirely. He makes poyet look stable!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The timing seems odd to me. Swansea sack Clement on Christmas Eve, Sheffield Wednesday sack Carvalhal on the same day. It's a fast appointment and given a lot of clubs won't sack a manager until after they've spoken to / have candidates lined up...
Left by mutual consent not "sacked".

Probably lined up before.

Sent from my LG-K520 using Tapatalk

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I must be different to everybody else as I see it as a better appointment than many suggested like Monk going back. He can at at least get a team playing as a team as he has shown with Sheff Wed against us many times.

Really, no, really???
Come on BG, Wednesday have been worse than awful this season, their support has been calling for Carlos to be sacked since about October.
That said it's acgreat appointment for us, one of the 3 relegation places sorted out.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
A strange appointment, at least that means one relegation spot is sealed now.

I can see Swansea going down to League One in the next couple of seasons.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Good move IMO.

Someone with proven Championship experience.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Really, no, really???
Come on BG, Wednesday have been worse than awful this season, their support has been calling for Carlos to be sacked since about October.
That said it's acgreat appointment for us, one of the 3 relegation places sorted out.

October is being kind. I know Wednesday fans who wanted him out last season.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I dont think he will save Swansea but.... Sheff Weds were shit before he got there, yes he spent a lot of money and really should have got them up, but he did improve them.

As a side issue but still on Swansea, i was watching there game v Liverpool the other day, Renato Sanchez came off the bench and the commentator mentioned Swansea paid a £10 million loan fee to have him for a year, is that true? If so, no wonder they weren't bothered about chucking tap in Tammy a mil.

Latest basket case football club if the above is true.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I must be different to everybody else as I see it as a better appointment than many suggested like Monk going back. He can at at least get a team playing as a team as he has shown with Sheff Wed against us many times.

I think you might be wrong on this occasion BG - They have gone for someone with no real proven ability at that level and his record in the transfer market isn't that great and with a make or break transfer window coming up for them, a manager who can assess short comings instantly is what is needed

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Not the best appointment. I am pleased with this, although in his defence, sometimes Sheffield W impressed me with their style of football, albeit not this year. Comparing him with Hughton, he didn't manage to get the massive out of the championship with bigger resources. I hope the underachievement continues.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I can think of worse appointments eg WBA. and I think that he will pick them up and at least give them and their their fans hope of avoiding relegation. Whether or not they do achieve that remains to be seen and will give us hope.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here