Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] NYE 2017 In or Out?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
In for me. Just about to go into theatre to have my appendix removed.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Out for your appendix though.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Remember to make sure it's piping hot throughout.

It is a choice between chicken or prawns but neither will be reheated as such as it is the curry sauce that is pre cooked,marinated and reheated the chicken or prawns are added at the end of the cooking on NYE while the rice is cooking with sufficient time for them to cook.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Lunch with friends at Lion and Lobster. Bit of a seafront walk then home for the evening.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
It is a choice between chicken or prawns but neither will be reheated as such as it is the curry sauce that is pre cooked,marinated and reheated the chicken or prawns are added at the end of the cooking on NYE while the rice is cooking with sufficient time for them to cook.

How do you marinade a curry sauce? I thought that you used a sauce to marinate fish, meat etc?

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Wife working all day until around 10.30 pm so will probably pop out in the afternoon for a couple and then head home and see the New Year in with Mrs Bluenitsuj.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Alan at the Ship is doing a ticket only event. £10 each but for that he’s taking 5% off all lager before midnight (then his prices are going up by 20p a pint for next year :nono:) and he’s laying on a finger buffet and a DJ plus Barry Cloud is raffling off one of his paintings. Sure to be a belting night, we’ve got Polly and Giles down New Years Day though so got to keep it sensible.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
With the Bournemouth game being shown live in NYC at 7.30 am on New Years Day won't be staying out much beyond midnight

At least my mates in Chicago are starting to watch the matches. They were pulling for the Albion until Dunk left man unmarked and what looked like a goal barrage for Chelsea started. Then they wanted more goals in general.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Normally stay in but we've recently moved back to the Suffolk coast ,and happen to be within 50' of a cracking pub/hotel serving local Adams ales so would be rude not to .

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Out under protest. NYE means absolutely sod all to me. One day it's December 31st, next day it's January 1st. Whoop-de-bloody-do.

Mrs P on the other hand loves it, so we go out. Only going to our local though.

Jul 7, 2003
Out, I have a table booked at Brewdog for me and friends. Then I’ll see where the evening takes me once midnight has passed.

My email must be playing up as I didn't get the invite:lol:

In that case, it will be my usual staying in, cooking up some nice steak for me and Mrs DCH and falling asleep on the sofa to be woken up at midnight by the dog barking at those inconsiderate ******** who let off fireworks when some of us are trying to sleep.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
IN.

2017 has been the worst year ever personally (being told I was anaemic by my doctor last week was the final kick in the nuts) and while I want to get smashed and stick two fingers up to it at 11.59pm, I'll just have a quiet night before the Bournemouth game.

better to be told than not know, hope the doctor can sort it and I hope 2018 is a better year for you.

I'm staying in NYE as usual :rock:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here