Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] NYE 2017 In or Out?

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
Digging in for me - If it were to be like last year I wouldn't have made an evening KO off let alone a lunch time one - looking forward to feeling fresh

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Staying in. May or may not stay up until midnight.
Ditto. My wife's working until 9:30pm, so when she comes home I'll see whether she wants a glass or two at midnight or not bother.

I used to love NYE when I was younger, but over the years just hanging around waiting for a clock to strike has lost its allure. Nowadays we tend to look back rather than forward, and if we've got through the last year without losing anyone or something really bad happening then we think it's been a good year.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
With the Bournemouth game being shown live in NYC at 7.30 am on New Years Day won't be staying out much beyond midnight

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Out in Brighton ,beers and no doubt some dodgy food late on:ffsparr:Then up at daft o'clock to head back for the massive Derby at Woeking:lolol:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
House party

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

scooter1

How soon is now?
I’m out as I’m gigging. NYE is a long night, 9.30pm - 1am and no booze. Once you factor in the setting up, sound check and the packing away I will be a little bit tired come kick off. It’s not easy being a part time rock star you know. I don’t even get my chicks for free!
The band I'm in usually play NYE, but this year took the decision to take the night off.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Will pop round to the local for a couple of hours and a few jars, before heading home for a curry takeaway. Rock n' roll.

That's the style I will be adopting. Can't be arsed with all this pub ticket only nonsense.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I have never and would never ever pay to go into a pub irrespective of the fee, they need my custom more than I need their service.

Quite. I wouldn't pay to go somewhere.

NYE is a load of old crap to me anyway. People celebrating what exactly ? And pretending next year will be full of love and light. Then once the bells have gone they realise nothing has changed- except a great wad of cash has gone from their wallet.

That said- it's a meal round a friends house for me. Rather looking forward to it.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
IN.

2017 has been the worst year ever personally (being told I was anaemic by my doctor last week was the final kick in the nuts) and while I want to get smashed and stick two fingers up to it at 11.59pm, I'll just have a quiet night before the Bournemouth game.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Making a chinese Chicken Curry to take down to sister in laws for small gathering about 9 of us. Will make it Saturday and leave to marinate then re heat on NYE.

Remember to make sure it's piping hot throughout.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Making a chinese Chicken Curry to take down to sister in laws for small gathering about 9 of us. Will make it Saturday and leave to marinate then re heat on NYE.

Why Chinese chickens? Aren’t British ones good enough?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here