Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Who'd be a Geordie

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
According to5live,Rafa is a top six manager with a Championship budget.

Hmmmm, not sure about that myself.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In my eyes the sign of a great manager is to achieve with (on paper) a poor set of players - I think most of us could win the league if we were manager of Man CIty

Pellegrini and Mancini couldn't back that up.
Are you saying the likes of you me and a certain Granddad are on a par with those managers, while currently being better than Guardiola?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
What's to worry about.
We did let them take the limelight, in taking the Championship title, so we could sneak into PL under the radar.
They'll be anxious about playing us as we are about scoring goals.
It's a game that we can win.

I assume this is tongue in cheek....." We are about scoring goals "....thats one thing we are not about. In 17 PL games we have scored one goal or less. 10 blank games. 15 scored in 20 games ( most seasons around 40 is needed to stay up ) Failed to score in seven out of ten away games. Six games so far against the big six. No points and one goal ( a dodgy pen ). Hardly smacks of a team about to start scoring for fun.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I assume this is tongue in cheek....." We are about scoring goals "....thats one thing we are not about. In 17 PL games we have scored one goal or less. 10 blank games. 15 scored in 20 games ( most seasons around 40 is needed to stay up ) Failed to score in seven out of ten away games. Six games so far against the big six. No points and one goal ( a dodgy pen ). Hardly smacks of a team about to start scoring for fun.

I think there's an 'as' missing from AmexRuislip's sentence.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Its interesting that Burnley have only scored just three more than us and look where they are ...theyve mastered the art of keeping it tight and hitting on there break..scoring more away from home and having some marvellous results against the 'top' teams

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Its interesting that Burnley have only scored just three more than us and look where they are ...theyve mastered the art of keeping it tight and hitting on there break..scoring more away from home and having some marvellous results against the 'top' teams

They are limiting the amount of mistakes they make and also have better ball retention than us. We defend poorly at set pieces, losing concentration. They don't. An opening day win at Chelsea has given them the confidence to go to the bigger boys and show no fear. We are still playing the top six like a cup minnow waiting for the inevitable and getting picked off.
We give the ball away far too freely at this level and the pressure that follows eventually sees us cracking.

article-0-194A5EDF000005DC-293_634x395.jpg

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
They are limiting the amount of mistakes they make and also have better ball retention than us. We defend poorly at set pieces, losing concentration. They don't. An opening day win at Chelsea has given them the confidence to go to the bigger boys and show no fear. We are still playing the top six like a cup minnow waiting for the inevitable and getting picked off.
We give the ball away far too freely at this level and the pressure that follows eventually sees us cracking.

We kept the ball very well at old Trafford! But yeah, in the other games v the top six we have panicked and given the ball back far too easily. Not enough composure, and perhaps belief in their ability.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here