Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Soulless

el punal

I was completely taken aback by the the corporate soulless shit tip that is Chelsea fc. From the moment we got there the lack of passion was evident everywhere, none of the excitable buzz that you should feel around a football stadium just tourists everywhere photographing anything with a Chelsea badge on it. I've never seen so many helpful nicey nicey stewards ...one told me to " have a good game" did he know a fat fity odd year probably wouldn't even make the bench?
I asked a smart dressed doorman where the away turnstiles were , he looked at my blankly, I asked him again, he looked at me blankly, finally I said I was a Brighton fan and a he said " ahh a visitor!" then pointed me in the direction of yet more stewards to have my ticket checked about half a dozen times.
Did anyone else see the 1/2 & 1/2 scarves with Brighton/The Chels on them? THE CHELS? What shiny suited ****nut came up with that little gem ? I wouldn't buy one if I had hypothermia.
Inside the ground was just as bad, plastic fans sitting silently on plastic seats made no noise at all for 90% of the game , god knows how their players feel about playing in front of 40000 statues week in week out! Chelsea fans could do with a year or two in the championshipso they can begin to learn how to support their club properly.
All in all the whole Chelsea experience is something It at sums up everything wrong with the premier league....id rather be at Selhurst!!!!

I didn't go :tantrum: family Boxing Day do! So was Stamford Bridge anymore soulless than the Highbury Library aka the Emirates? In terms of dire, passionless atmosphere that took the biscuit.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I didn't go :tantrum: family Boxing Day do! So was Stamford Bridge anymore soulless than the Highbury Library aka the Emirates? In terms of dire, passionless atmosphere that took the biscuit.
Yes, many chants of "is this the emirates"

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

N17

Jun 21, 2011
I agree that the atmosphere at the 'top 6' clubs is generally poor, particularly Man U & Woolwich.
However, from the alternative perspective, when we were still at WHL i used to enjoy seeing the newly promoted teams come to visit. Because it was all new to them their fans used to make some great noise & create a great atmosphere. However, almost to a team, by the second season (assuming they stayed up) they would have less fans & make less noise & by the third, it would be even worse.
It is understandable though. As i said, the first season it is all new & a new ground to visit after achieving the 'holy grail' of the Premier League, thereafter, for most teams at least it is a case of 'hoping to get a point' which gets a bit soul destroying considering the cost & the time & effort fans have gone to.
As for the Wembley atmosphere, i agree it is terrible. The accoustics certainly don't help though, from my block behind the goal at the opposite end, it is almost as hard to hear the away fans. Really can't wait to get in to the new ground.

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
When Brighton play the "big clubs" there will be more tourists in attendance. Lass at work takes her boy to one or two Man U games a year. They live near Hemel Hempstead. The reason they chose Brighton is because there were plenty of tickets available. Same when they went to see Man U play Hull last year etc. Brighton are not a draw to crowds so those games will attract the tourist/visit once a year/plastic fans because tickets are easy to get.

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
Not over impressed by their fans but i thought the stadium was great ... great view (one of the best at an away game) beer ok.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Not over impressed by their fans but i thought the stadium was great ... great view (one of the best at an away game) beer ok.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

So it was
6c5375368b803b2a4b6a91a57db51846.jpg

This should be sold as restricted view but wasn’t.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here