Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Soulless

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
That was something I did consider when we lined up the free kick our end... I was 4 rows from the front of the upper tier and could easily see myself on the pitch had we scored..

I’d have just had a sore head and a couple of broken wrists! (See my previous post for low ceiling pictures).

Last edited:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I've been there in the old days when , frankly, I nearly shit myself and then last season when they had West Ham at Stamford Bridge and what a snorefest. I prefer the shitting myself personally.

Now. Take your Anfield. That's a funny place as some will soon discover. It CAN be hog mental but it can also be a Scandinavian love fest. Just amazing how many Swedes and Norwegians they get in there. The crowd announcements before the game which seem to all be messages for "lars" and "Brunhilde" who are season ticket holders from Oslo or Stockholm and it's their birthday or some such. Quite bizarre. There's still plenty of cheeky scouse waiting to hop on you at moorfields or limey though.

All in all the PL is shit and, if it wasn't for the dough I'd be happier in the Champ.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Actually I believe that the hardcore Chelsea firm do refer to them as the Chels

Not that I've ever heard of. What kind of dick would refer to themselves as that. Headhunters...yeah...Chels....nope.

Jul 7, 2003
View from the upper tier was quite good albeit it was a bit steep the seats were cramped and the stair shallow and slippery.

What I have found really sad at The Emirates, Wembley and Stamford Bridge are these horrible little flags supposedly from their supporters around the world. Wembley was probably the worst as Spurs has these as electronic messages floating around the upper tier. Yesterday at Chelsea, there were some really embarrassing ones like Bedford and Rushden.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
What about the heaters in the roof of the stadium.? Can't have all those Korean and Japanese tourists getting chilly now can we? Diddums��.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It was everything I expected, fans started leaving after 78 minutes so we shouted bye and **** off

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
The worst is The emirates Arsenal stadium and fans, it like an airport full of tourists and hooray henry types the whole place epitomises everything that wrong with modern football.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
My experience of SB pretty much sums up the corporate disconnect that clubs like Chelsea have created for themselves. Wandered past numerous chinese/japanese tourists taking pictures of anything and everything whilst happily wearing their newly purchased knock off half and half scarves. Asked by a young american couple if I would take their picture with the club shop badge in the background followed by overhearing the chelsea club mascots parents conversing in broad yank accents. After the game walking behind a group of about 7 or 8 hipster/city type mix talking too loudly and generally acting like cocks. Inside the stadium ,other than the Albion faithful giving it a go, it felt very vanilla, very quiet, very boring, very Chelsea. Other than the money the Premier League is a bit crap, It really is largely bereft of any atmosphere. Not sure what the answer is really, can see signs of it slowly happening at the Amex.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
The worst is The emirates Arsenal stadium and fans, it like an airport full of tourists and hooray henry types the whole place epitomises everything that wrong with modern football.

They are all ad bad as each other apart from...cough...Palace, Bournemouth, Newcastle, and Burnley who, lets face it, don't really belong in the PL and are enjoying it while they can. I was going to add Southampton but St. Mary's is almost as bad as the Amex these days.

Jan 30, 2008
My experience of SB pretty much sums up the corporate disconnect that clubs like Chelsea have created for themselves. Wandered past numerous chinese/japanese tourists taking pictures of anything and everything whilst happily wearing their newly purchased knock off half and half scarves. Asked by a young american couple if I would take their picture with the club shop badge in the background followed by overhearing the chelsea club mascots parents conversing in broad yank accents. After the game walking behind a group of about 7 or 8 hipster/city type mix talking too loudly and generally acting like cocks. Inside the stadium ,other than the Albion faithful giving it a go, it felt very vanilla, very quiet, very boring, very Chelsea. Other than the money the Premier League is a bit crap, It really is largely bereft of any atmosphere. Not sure what the answer is really, can see signs of it slowly happening at the Amex.
only a matter of time IF we stay up
regards
DR

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
If we stay up the next few seasons your average brighton fan will be no more its all about money,hope im wrong

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Come on,let's get real,our ground is just as bad

Which is my point. I used to love going to withdean.

It felt like we were in a small, select, shitty, club. No one wanted to play us, we were in the open air and I honestly had my best ever football moments playing at the theatre of shit. The away fans far off in their segregated little stand with no view, the thunder of the south stand when we pounded our shoes on it, the truly terrible burgers, the pub in the middle of the stand. Harty, Russell slade, Nicky Forster, Guy Butters Adam el Abd, Tiny Cox....ah, memories.

I we had no plastic fans, no friends and no hope.i suppose it's better now. But. God. We've lost our soul and our beating heart.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Same as Old Trafford, which I wasn’t expecting. Loads of tourists, dozens of people carrying merchandise and no sign at all of any edginess. I went to Chelsea a few times years ago with a former client....the atmosphere was never like it was yesterday. Until they scored it was almost completely silent.

I didn't think Old Trafford was too bad considering but then again I was measuring it against West Ham and Arsenal. I didn't go yesterday but have been to Stamford Bridge loads in the past. 20 years ago, for better or worse, it was definitely a ground where there was an edge, with a core working-class fan base and plenty of noise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here