Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings vs Chelsea

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Not seen any replays at all but as I saw it.........

Ryan - 8.5 - MOTM - nothing he could do about the goals from what I could see, and several good saves (and at least a couple of exceptional saves). Good distribution. Turning into a bit of a superstar IMHO

Schelotto - 7.5 - much better from him. Better positioning, some decent tackles, good anticipation and looks good breaking forward. Rapid.

Dunk - 7 - as usual mostly very solid but not sure what he was doing for the first goal (although not seen a replay yet)

Duffy - 7.5 - solid.

Suttner - 7 - unsurprisingly not as effective as against Watford but did well defensively

Stephens - 7 - tough game for him, Davy and Beram. Broke play up well several times but quite a few misplaced passes again

Propper - 6.5 - did ok but didn’t really stand out

Kayal - 6.5 - same as Propper. Great to have him back though, improves our options in CM, maybe he’ll be paired with Dale and Propper can play in the no 10 role against lesser teams if Gross needs a rest. Did his best when obviously told to play further forward when we went behind, but that is when Sam should’ve come on really

Izquierdo - 6.5 - frustrating for him again as didn’t get the ball enough. Very good defensively

March - 5 - very disappointing. No confidence at the moment. Making way too many wrong decisions

Hemed - 7 - won everything in the air, but was so isolated it wasn’t worth much. Absolutely worked his nuts off for the team.

Subs

Knocky - 7.5 - had an immediate impact despite short time on the pitch, couple of good runs and excellent crosses. Looked dangerous.

Murray - 6 - maybe could’ve made more of a couple of decent chances (caught offside for one of them again)

Gross - 6 - no real impact that I recall

Agree with this, except Kayal, thought mom was split between him and Ryan.
Great to see him back to his best against one of the best midfields in Europe.

As an aside, Kante is a marvellous player.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Who said he was terrible?

He got slated a couple of games ago, a tad harshly I thought. I thought he had a good game yesterday and looked a hopeful prospect - strong going forward, good in the air and no slouch. A few misplaced passes, but then those will hopefully disappear with more gametime.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Ryan 7 No chance with the goals
Schelotto 7 Got to a couple of crosses and headed clear under pressure, Bruno would not have got close!
Suttner 7 Good game
Dunk 8 We rely far too much on these two CB's against top sides
Duffy 8 As above
March 4 Very poor closed down every chance we had to attack on his side. Extraordinarily bad decision making for a professional at times.
Stephens 7 Steady
Propper Steady
Kayal 8 MOM
Izquierdo 5 Doesn't appear to want to run past defenders
Hemed 7 Must feel it's a pointless effort keep winning headers as he did yesterday. I actually believe Chelsea allowed him to win them so they could pick up the second ball

Gross n/a
Murray n/a
Knockaert n/a

Hughton 4 You set up the team to play negative. You then complain about conceding you can't expect our defence to defend under such intense circumstances for so long in games. Your subs are only ever like for like why not try something different.

i'd go along with that maybe giving Matty a 7.5 and Izzy 6 for his defensive cover.......Propper 7 , March had a shocker 1st half , everything he did went wrong , couple of great touches to beat Alonso in the second but too little too late....Gross needs a smacked arse for not launching himself at that header late on ....he completely bottled it , all in all not a bad performance but we need to get our attacking football working although i accept we were playing chelsea so never going to be easy.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Going off MOTD I think they gave us 1 poor effort and it was all Chelsea. Matty Ryan looked to be the best player, other than that they didnt really show us touching the ball!

Ridiculous bias, or snobbery, (unsure which it is) against us.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Ryan 7
Schelloto 6
Dunk 6
Duffy 5
Suttner 5
Stephens 4
Proper 5
Kayal 6
Izquierdo 4
March 4
Hemed 4

Fair marks for a team who were dominated for long periods.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Watched game via stream with no sound

Ryan 8 consistently good
Schelotto 7 much better first half very good pegged back second half reminds me of Roan Ince
Duffy 6 second half we were pegged back why Goldson not started
Dunk 6 as above
Suttner 7 solid
March 5 not his best game has had a few of these lately
Propper 7 like him would to see him m and Kayal given a chance as the centre pairing
Stephens 6 -
Kayal 8.5 MOTM - great to see him back
Izquierdo 5 oh dear
Hemed 8 works so had

Gross 5 should have made more effort to get on the end of a fabulous cross from Knocaert
Murray 5 should have put the ball in the neteven though it was off side.
Knockaert 7 wish he was given more time

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
i'd go along with that maybe giving Matty a 7.5 and Izzy 6 for his defensive cover.......Propper 7 , March had a shocker 1st half , everything he did went wrong , couple of great touches to beat Alonso in the second but too little too late....Gross needs a smacked arse for not launching himself at that header late on ....he completely bottled it , all in all not a bad performance but we need to get our attacking football working although i accept we were playing chelsea so never going to be easy.

I had forgotten about Gross' failure to attack that ball. I think he is our stand out player this season, but agree that that was very disappointing.

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
Ryan 7

Suttner 6
Dunk 6
Duffy 6
Schelotto 6

March 5
Stephens 6
Propper 6
Kayal 7
Izquierdo 5

Hemed 6

Gross 5
Murray N/A
Knockaert N/A

Manager 6

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
We were really tight first half but the tactic became increasingly unworkable after we went behind. Schelotto seems to be growing in his role and Kayal was great again. My worry though is Kayal can't play with only one midfield partner in this division. He doesnt offer enough going forward.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Ryan - 8
Schelotto - 7
Suttner - 7
Dunk 6
Duffy 6
March 5
Stephens 6
Propper 6
Kayal 8
Izquierdo 5
Hemed 7

March is beginning to look like a fish out of water. Swashbuckling performance from Kayal; great to have him back. Both fullbacks did very well against the quality of opposition. Hemed worked his socks off and won the majority of headers but with no other Brighton player anywhere close to him, his efforts were all in vain.

If CH is going to park the bus then I wish changes were made when we are 1-0 down rather than waiting until the game has gone. I would also like to see him try something different (eg bring Baldock on and go with two up front) rather than the like for like subs which, as has been shown before the season, get us nowhere.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Seems pretty universal that March was awful again.

I wonder how CH will manage this?

This is a real worry.
He was showing signs earlier in the season that he could cause teams problems but he has been so poor of late, that you now begin to worry that he has been found out. Everything about his game is out of sorts at the moment. Poor control, poor passing, easily brushed off the ball, failing to track back. I hope its a temporary loss of confidence but I worry that it might not be.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Seems pretty universal that March was awful again.

I wonder how CH will manage this?

Well dropping him when he was arguably our best player at the start of the season didn’t work... I’d argue that March’s current form is probably a result of CHs management of him. Let’s hope he does a better job moving forward.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here