Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] will Baldock ever play for the club again ?

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I really rate Sam as he has a lot to offer both in terms of ability and speed. We are not scoring goals so we need to try someone different - even the pundits are commenting on the fact that we do not have a Plan B. Perhaps therefore Sam should be our plan B - he is never going to get match fit sitting on the bench week in week out.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Watching the ‘We’re on our way’ dvd and Baldock was on fire at the beginning of last season and we desperately missed him at the end of the campaign. I find it completely bizarre that he’s not featured, especially as we lack pace up front.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He is an ideal sub. He should be coming on when centre backs are tired.
That explains the lack of game time then.
When was the last time we forced any centre backs to perspire let alone tired enough for nap time?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I’ve been a big fan of the lad. I can only assume that he is on the bench to show prospective clubs that he is fit and valued as CH seems to have no intention of bringing him on ahead of Murray, Hemed, Groß or Brown.

Therefore, we must sell. Based on his performance last year (best 2nd striker in the league by a distance), we’d be getting £7m+ from overspending Championship sides like Norwich, Massive, Leeds, Boro or Derby. That should offset (a little) the cost of our new U23 superstar striker and Andone.

Like Stockdale, he’ll be remembered as a hero of our promotion year with some quite fantastic goals and always 10/10 for effort and running. All the best to him. I just wish I’d been able to see him perform in the Premier League for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Where are you getting that info from?

Is it another made up stat like the one where we never lose when Baldock is playing? :lol:

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
No idea why he didn’t come on instead of Gross yesterday. Ok Gross scores for us, but a forward with pace would have caused them issues

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
A mate met him on his Xmas work do, apparently he said the gaffer don't like me..

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Glenvictoria

Dec 27, 2017
We have been crying out for him all season. We need two strikers that can run at defences. Muzza seems to want the ball placed at his feet and unfortunately as I rate him Hemed isn’t premier league. Is the Dembele deal gonna happen?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
A mate met him on his Xmas work do, apparently he said the gaffer don't like me..

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Even If this is true and its clearly hearsay then it doesn't make sense.
He's been, when fit, a first choice for Hughton in the last 3 years and was vital last year in the promotion push and Hughton picked him 31 times. .
He was , presumably at Hughton's nod, given an expensive and brand new contract just months ago and he's been slowly (like Kayal who has only just started to appear again) nursed back to match fitness via the u21s and now the bench.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Even If this is true and its clearly hearsay then it doesn't make sense.
He's been, when fit, a first choice for Hughton in the last 3 years and was vital last year in the promotion push and Hughton picked him 31 times. .
He was , presumably at Hughton's nod, given an expensive and brand new contract just months ago and he's been slowly (like Kayal who has only just started to appear again) nursed back to match fitness via the u21s and now the bench.

All of this.

All the evidence clearly points to CH liking Baldock. Whether a fit Baldock would be first pick in this division remains to be seen, but any suggestion the gaffer doesn't like him couldn't be further from the truth.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
You would have thought that but money talks and if told to do it plus having very little alternative and not weakening the bench who knows what happens.

I get the impression that if Hughton was told who he had to pick or put on the bench he'd tell Bloom to do one.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Its the NSC rule. Players can never be dropped, not play or not be in the squad for merely tactical or football reasons.
Its impossible. There must be , usually confirmed by a sauce of course, some alternative more exciting reason that , the manager and the club are doing their best to cover up. (fallen out with x , y or z, hidden injury, being protected from a new injury, on their "way out", sulking, affairs, discipline reasons, fisticuffs in training is a good one, career is over, being sold etc etc - fill yer boots)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I get the impression that if Hughton was told who he had to pick or put on the bench he'd tell Bloom to do one.[/QUOTE

I would agree in principal but I wonder if he would if it made logical sense and he knew a sale was imminent depending on him not being injured and then CH to have more funds to replace him.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Any talk of Hughton not liking him is total rubbish. The easiest thing in the world would have been to bin him off after his pathetic first season with us, and then totally ordinary second season where his lack of goals cost us the title (how many games did he play in the first half of the season, and how many goals did he score? Any?), let alone promotion. He was bang average in a very strong team last season and scored a fair number of goals, for the first time in his Albion career, and was generously given a new contract in the summer. He is being overrated in the hideous extreme on this thread and based on absolutely nothing at all. He would be useless at this level, absolutely useless and he's extremely privileged to be sitting on the bench watching the talented players playing the game.

He isn't fit to clean Gross' boots, so any suggestion that Gross coming on was a mistake is hilarious. That said though, some people still don't realise just how good Pascal actually is, so there's no helping some people. Probably the same people who think Bong is better than Suttner, just totally beyond belief.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I’ve been a big fan of the lad. I can only assume that he is on the bench to show prospective clubs that he is fit and valued as CH seems to have no intention of bringing him on ahead of Murray, Hemed, Groß or Brown.

Therefore, we must sell. Based on his performance last year (best 2nd striker in the league by a distance), we’d be getting £7m+ from overspending Championship sides like Norwich, Massive, Leeds, Boro or Derby. That should offset (a little) the cost of our new U23 superstar striker and Andone.

Like Stockdale, he’ll be remembered as a hero of our promotion year with some quite fantastic goals and always 10/10 for effort and running. All the best to him. I just wish I’d been able to see him perform in the Premier League for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Blimey...a player who is injury prone and can't even get on when we are not playing well and losing?

We will be lucky to get a fee, let alone a million.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He isn't fit to clean Gross' boots, so any suggestion that Gross coming on was a mistake is hilarious. That said though, some people still don't realise just how good Pascal actually is, so there's no helping some people. Probably the same people who think Bong is better than Suttner, just totally beyond belief.
Yes, of course, we all missed seeing it, didn't we? Gross changed the game for us yesterday, didn't he?

(Yes, Gross is a good player, one of our best. That doesn't negate the potential desirability of Baldock coming on and offering some sort of Plan B with his speed, rather than just an un-inspiring like-for-like substitution).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here