Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] will Baldock ever play for the club again ?

D

Deleted member 2719

If he doesn't get on at 0.2 v Chelsea or 0.0 v Newcastle then you have to wonder when he might get a run out

Maybe he will be given the first 60 mins against Bournemouth for Gross behind Hemed, hence keeping the pressure on Bmuff defence...........................na that would be way to sensible.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Maybe he will be given the first 60 mins against Bournemouth for Gross behind Hemed, hence keeping the pressure on Bmuff defence...........................na that would be way to sensible.

Dropping our leading scorer and assists would be sensible?

D

Deleted member 2719

Dropping our leading scorer and assists would be sensible?
If 1 goal in open play in 9 matches doesn't suggest a change to a partnership I don't what would Baldock must feel so p*ssed off.

so shall we call it resting them after all there is not a lot being produced up top recently.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If 1 goal in open play in 9 matches doesn't suggest a change to a partnership I don't what would Baldock must feel so p*ssed off.

so shall we call it resting them after all there is not a lot being produced up top recently.

Not sure the lack of goals is through the no.10 spot. I like Baldock, but I'd suggest the few minutes he's had as a sub doesn't convey the confidence that CH is suddenly going to start him ahead of Gross. If he does I'd be happy to see how if he does make a difference. Right now though Gross is the one player that does create and score, there are other roles in this side that aren't contributing to our goal tally before you start thinking switching Gross is the answer. I stand to be corrected but Gross's figures at Xmas are better in the PL than Baldock managed in the previous Championship seasons?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not sure the lack of goals is through the no.10 spot. I like Baldock, but I'd suggest the few minutes he's had as a sub doesn't convey the confidence that CH is suddenly going to start him ahead of Gross. If he does I'd be happy to see how if he does make a difference. Right now though Gross is the one player that does create and score, there are other roles in this side that aren't contributing to our goal tally before you start thinking switching Gross is the answer. I stand to be corrected but Gross's figures at Xmas are better in the PL than Baldock managed in the previous Championship seasons?
You're falling for the old NSC adage Bold:-

'The best player at the club is the one that didn't play'.

D

Deleted member 2719

I am not suggesting that the lack of goals is purely down to the no 10 position, what I am suggesting is that the pace and press of Baldock and Hemed could create more chances in and around the box. Like I said if needed late on bring on Murray and Gross as a straight swap.
What have we got to lose.

Why doesn't Hughton let him loose, surely he hasn't done a Tomasz Kuszczak!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here