Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Lewis Hamilton apologising for remark to nephew

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Bling Hamilton has got some front. Boys don't wear princess dresses but its fine for men to wear diamond jewellery, be suspiciously blemish free you have to wonder how much has been spent on a make over and wear ****ish outfits.

25aaaaaa_1506239094.jpg

Pampered prat.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Is it just me or is Hamilton one of the most obviously gay people who has never come out? The Diamond ear rings, dress sense and demeanor? Which makes this all a bit strange to say the least. As if by magic, see post above.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
How on earth have we got to the point that this is considered offensive?

Offensive? I don’t think it is. Against the ethos of NSC to wish another poster dead? For as long as I can remember. Maybe it was said in jest; without any indication that that was the intent, it’s hard to tell. HT will be back soon enough.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
We are well on the way as a society to a destination yet to be determined.......

In 20 years or so, some people will be marrying their dogs or forming meaningful legally acceptable relationships with inanimate objects; no doubt at that time on Twitter successful sportsmen and women will fall into the same trap as Lewis.

Hopefully by then I will be dead.

People are already marrying themselves! The ultimate in narcissism!!

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
So, who has actually seen the video?

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Only Hamilton's 5.7m Instagram followers. And anyone could have stored the video for themselves if they'd been so minded.

I meant "who on this thread has seen it? "

I don't do Instagram, don't follow LH, and assume he deleted it when this blew up.

How old is his nephew?

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
I know 2 boys that identify as girls, and my own daughter is the complete opposite- a tomboy. A couple of observations...

It appears acceptable in society for a young girl to be a tomboy, but if it is the other way round, then 'blokes' get all shirty.

It's not so much the attitude of these laddish men that is the problem at first hand, however their laddish mentality is passed onto either their own kids or kids they know. Then this mentality rears it's head in the classroom as bullying, either mental or physical. So the brigade on here saying that us soft lefties need to 'man up' or words to that effect, do need to look at their own attitudes as they often have implications that the are possibly unaware of.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
I meant "who on this thread has seen it? "

I don't do Instagram, don't follow LH, and assume he deleted it when this blew up.

How old is his nephew?

a simple google search brings it up. I am ashamed to admit to curiosity overcoming my inbuilt reticence to look at these type things. Had I said similar to my nephew at that age I would expect my sister to have a right go at me. It wasn't just what he said, it was the tone. The young chap was very happy dressing up-no need for it, in the extremely unlikely eventual;ity that his nephew groes up to be trans, gay or whatever , he will remember his Uncles words. and also to splash it on Instagram was not a good thing to do.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
And to add, the person quoted as objecting to Hamilton is chairman of an anti bullying charity. If he hadn't made a comment then he should have been sacked. To make this out to be the whole of society going politically correct (or whatever) is as @hyperion says, exactly how it was in the 70s where, by objecting to casual racism, your average daily mail reading wanker would say 'how would you feel if your daugher brought one of them home?' and 'if one of them moved in next door it would be the smell of curry and jungle drums all day and all night' and 'they wanted buggery legalised, and next they will want it made compulsory'. FFS.

This is probably a generation thing, with sad old men (and the offspring they have indoctrinated) looking at the passing of another year and ralising they can't keep up with the modern world.

Mostly this. Though I would add that people should consider how they would feel if one of their children's friends made a video of their child in a dress, lightly ridiculing them and sent it to every other kid in their class. Then multiply that feeling by about 5 million people.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I don't get what all the fuss is about. Lewis Hamilton should be free to publicly humiliate children who don't conform to gender stereotypes.

Actually, that sounds like a good idea for a Channel 5 show.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
I know 2 boys that identify as girls, and my own daughter is the complete opposite- a tomboy. A couple of observations...

It appears acceptable in society for a young girl to be a tomboy, but if it is the other way round, then 'blokes' get all shirty.

It's not so much the attitude of these laddish men that is the problem at first hand, however their laddish mentality is passed onto either their own kids or kids they know. Then this mentality rears it's head in the classroom as bullying, either mental or physical. So the brigade on here saying that us soft lefties need to 'man up' or words to that effect, do need to look at their own attitudes as they often have implications that the are possibly unaware of.

I know a teacher, she’s been teaching for over 20 years in secondaries and this year (in the first year) the school got the first ever group of kids identifying with a different gender.

A girl identifying as a boy, uses the disabled toilets, and one day felt unwell and in the toilet she had her first period.

She (or he) pulled the alarm, and as the kids outside knew who was in the toilets, they got a male teacher to turn up.

He was able to access the toilet and was greeted with a horror show scenario, thinking the boy (who’s a girl) had cut off his penis.

I think both teacher and pupil are thankfully both over the dreadful episode now.......but I’m sure there is a lesson in there for us all; something about the irrefutable truth of mother nature.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
How on earth have we got to the point that this is considered offensive?

Interesting point, on NSC you can be banned on a thread for calling someone a Tory, which by any measure may be less offensive than wishing someone dead (in jest or not).

I’m genuinely not offended by what people post on here by the way or bothered about bans as this site is Bozza’s gig.........those that are offended by posts on a football fan website are usually not the liberal minded lot they think they are.

Merry Christmas.

N17

Jun 21, 2011
Reading this thread it appears that Ageism is still acceptable. But then it is on most forums. Double standards as usual.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Reading this thread it appears that Ageism is still acceptable. But then it is on most forums. Double standards as usual.

The politically correct, the tell others what to say, haven't got to it yet, probably not trendy enough for them

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here