Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle; how and when?

GooGull

Aug 14, 2016
Is snow going to effect your journey?

I’m driving up today, coming back Sunday which doesn’t look too bad. Probably just us going up early who will have to watch out.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Yep, snow here too although I'm outside of Newcastle itself.

Still falling and definitely settling.

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Didn't fancy the drive again so going up today back Sunday.
On Gatwick Express now, safe travels all.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Bolton va va

Nov 20, 2012
Find it interesting (hence why I started this thread) all the different directions Albion fans are travelling from. My train out of Doncaster is 1 hour before yours. Am on 10.20am. What time train ya got for return journey? 18.36pm am on. Don't really know but imagine that gives me enough time to get back to the train station.

Many years ago in the days of thuggery, a mate of mine discreetly asked a policeman for directions back to the station at Newcastle. He said " Walk down to those traffic lights........and run !!! " Nowadays the locals are friendly & it's about a 15 -20 mins pleasant stroll back.

North East Seagull

Jul 6, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I am currently in Newcastle city centre (can see SJP from my office window) and can report that it has stopped snowing. Hopefully my bus ride into the match tomorrow will take no longer than the usual 20 minutes. Looking forward to a big 3 points and bragging rights over friends and colleagues for the rest of the season.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
I am currently in Newcastle city centre (can see SJP from my office window) and can report that it has stopped snowing. Hopefully my bus ride into the match tomorrow will take no longer than the usual 20 minutes. Looking forward to a big 3 points and bragging rights over friends and colleagues for the rest of the season.
Which office do you work in?

I will be starting a new job with a view of SJP.

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Find it interesting (hence why I started this thread) all the different directions Albion fans are travelling from. My train out of Doncaster is 1 hour before yours. Am on 10.20am. What time train ya got for return journey? 18.36pm am on. Don't really know but imagine that gives me enough time to get back to the train station.

Mine goes at 17.16, so I shall have to make sure I get down the 140 steps and through town in a speedy fashion. To/from Carlisle and south lakeland.

North East Seagull

Jul 6, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Hi Sonna. There are a few BHA fans up here but it feels a long way from home. Melbourne Street, interesting part of the city. Do you get into ‘The Valley’ (I believe that is what the Hipsters call it) for post-work drinks much?

SwedishSonna

Aug 9, 2005
Newcastle upon Tyne
Hi Sonna. There are a few BHA fans up here but it feels a long way from home. Melbourne Street, interesting part of the city. Do you get into ‘The Valley’ (I believe that is what the Hipsters call it) for post-work drinks much?

Not the most glamorous part of the city, but it's OK. I can see your place of work from my window. I often walk to Ouseburn and back during my lunch breaks (not today though). My fav part of the city, and with the best pubs (IMO).

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.
My significant other half is a Newcastle supporter and for Xmas she got tickets for the Brighton game. So I'll be in the posh seats surrounded by Black and white. Wish me luck.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

North East Seagull

Jul 6, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Nice one Geestar. I hope Welbar Central is nicer than the old Welbar House it replaced! Mind you I would keep your new job quiet or you will have loads of posters from here asking for advice/freebies! If Knocky scores the winner tomorrow I will ask the lads here to fly my French tricolour from the Civic Centre lantern in homage - you might be able to see it from your office.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here