Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What were we value for today?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Hughton: “Over the 90 minutes I think we were value for something - I'm not talking about points, I'm talking about really participating in this game.”

In other news, I think we all know the answer to this bit:

"We need to figure a way of getting the goals we need. We're very conscious of the division we're in. What we will do is work as hard as we can coming up in January to strengthen the squad in areas that can strengthen us.”

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
As a STV viewer, from what I could hear, Albion held the plastics at bay for the majority of the first half.
I came back a tad too late to hear the start of the second, and we're already 1-0 down.
So, I can only surmise we switched off.

As to that elusive striker arriving in January, I'm hoping we can get somebody who can assist in scoring goals.
Personally, I think that our midfielders and forwards need more confidence in themselves to start scoring again.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
For me, the value was in being able to get to the ground and home again faster than any other game this season.

I also think there was value in resting players who will hopefully now play well at Newcastle.

Apart from that, I got nothing.

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
Nothing, a 2 goal defeat given our lack of quality and intent is more than fair, perhaps a bit flattering

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
As a STV viewer, from what I could hear, Albion held the plastics at bay for the majority of the first half.
I came back a tad too late to hear the start of the second, and we're already 1-0 down.
So, I can only surmise we switched off.

As to that elusive striker arriving in January, I'm hoping we can get somebody who can assist in scoring goals.
Personally, I think that our midfielders and forwards need more confidence in themselves to start scoring again.

When you say “plastics” what do you mean?
If it’s support, you do realise we are riddled with them

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Just a bit depressing that we can’t even hold a flame to the big teams. We’re defeated before we go out. Wonder how much is lack of ability versus tactics and mindset. I thought we’d upset at least 1 of the glamour sides Home or away but weren’t not even close to. Just so boringly defensive. It’s all about finishing 17th. Thank you Sky. So glad we’re back in the top flight. Least the Cups meant something last time around but no one wants to win them these days. All about finishing with the biggest cheque. Maybe they should change the trophies to something resembling the Blankety Blank cheque book and pen?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
We have far fewer plastics than Chelsea. Give it a rest.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

It's a saying that's common in my area with the local QPR, Brentford and Fulham fans.
They just call Chelsea fans plastic, probably for the glory?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here