Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Why leave Goldson out today??

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
"Hi Shane I know you've been an absolute rock over the previous 18 games.
I know you have league leading defensive statistics.
But Connor did play really well against Watford reserves, so he's going to keep the shirt".

:shootself:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Have you seen Connors medical report following his last match? If not then you're not really in a position to comment.

Have you?

If Dunk or Duffy had been injured in the first few minutes of the match, he would of played.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
But Connor did play really well against Watford reserves, so he's going to keep the shirt".

What are these?

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven

I NEVER for one moment suggested not playing Shane Duffy. Read the initial post correctly!

My suggestion was, that Dunk be rested like Gross, Murray, Bruno, Knockaert for the more important games v Newcastle & Bournemouth, it seems to me that Hughton decided to sacrifice any outside chance of a draw, so why not let Goldson continue if fit enough of course?

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
MOTM v Watford by a street. I'd like to have seen a Duffy / Goldson pairing, as Hughton made several other large profile changes.

Today, I'm afraid Dunk was at fault for the Morata goal, still switched off and forgot to challenge.

The 2nd was more shocking marking at corners, who was supposed to go with Alonso at the near post?

Expected to lose (like Hughton), but we gifted the goals today.
Goldson was never going start yesterday. For one he deputised Duffy and two, Dunk no way deserved to be dropped ahead of the game yesterday.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
No of course I haven’t. I was just pointing out that everyone was assuming that it was tactical, but maybe there was another reason.

Yes I understand your point if he wasn't on the bench, but as I said he could have ended up playing. So I'm not sure what your other reason actually is.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
MOTM v Watford by a street. I'd like to have seen a Duffy / Goldson pairing, as Hughton made several other large profile changes.

Today, I'm afraid Dunk was at fault for the Morata goal, still switched off and forgot to challenge.

The 2nd was more shocking marking at corners, who was supposed to go with Alonso at the near post?

Expected to lose (like Hughton), but we gifted the goals today.

He really, really wasn't, which kind of negates the rest of your post.

Goldson did brilliantly against Watford -far, far better than could have been hoped, after such a long period out. Yet even then, Dunk was the better of the two, regardless of the (understandably) sentimental choice of the match sponsors.

Dunk was at his imperious best in that game, and would have been gutted to miss out for the trip to Chelsea. Dunk and Duffy was a no-brainer, IMO like.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He really, really wasn't, which kind of negates the rest of your post.

Goldson did brilliantly against Watford -far, far better than could have been hoped, after such a long period out. Yet even then, Dunk was the better of the two, regardless of the (understandably) sentimental choice of the match sponsors.

Dunk was at his imperious best in that game, and would have been gutted to miss out for the trip to Chelsea. Dunk and Duffy was a no-brainer, IMO like.

Yup. Really not surprised at all that Duffy was put back in......CG played a full 90 mins after several months out. Two games in that short space of time possibly a step too far for him, particularly given how cautious we are with returning players (even if Dunk and Duffy hadn’t been generally excellent all season, which they have).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here