Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] complete and utter shyster

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Didn't realise until watching the highlights Stephens was the one who pushed the wanker over.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Yet another shocking decision. He really is piss poor, but we knew that already

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
He craves the attention, the last few camera shots at the end of the game were on him, just as he likes it. If I lip read Cech at the end he called Dean a “f**king c**t”, just after the centre of attention had booked him

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If that point for West Brom relegates us I could get very, very cross with him again.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
He craves the attention, the last few camera shots at the end of the game were on him, just as he likes it. If I lip read Cech at the end he called Dean a “f**king c**t”, just after the centre of attention had booked him

Also by lip reading, you could see when he was called over to speak to Wenger he kept repeating "I'm talking, I'm talking, I'm talking" like a headmaster telling off a naughty boy. :tosser:

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
That is a great point

It's an incredibly hard job but Dean just makes nonsensical decisions. Doesn't matter what angle he saw today - it was never ever handball. Likewise the Stephens sending off was a barking mad decision. I can often see how and why a ref has made a mistake but not with Dean. I hope we don't finish 3rd bottom and WBA 4th bottom by one point.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Arsenal goalkeeper Petr Cech, speaking to Sky Sports: “First I got a yellow card for saying this is not a penalty.

“Every time we meet with refs prior to season and it comes to the point about when the player is close to the ball and has no chance to react it is never a penalty

“I asked the referee why he changes this decision

“I was not rude, I just asked the question and it disappoints me even more that he said nothing when I asked him

“I’m disappointed by the penalty situation and I expect when I walk to the ref with respect and ask a question I would like if he answers in a normal way, not (for him to) give me a yellow card and say nothing.”

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
It's an incredibly hard job but Dean just makes nonsensical decisions. Doesn't matter what angle he saw today - it was never ever handball. Likewise the Stephens sending off was a barking mad decision. I can often see how and why a ref has made a mistake but not with Dean. I hope we don't finish 3rd bottom and WBA 4th bottom by one point.

The angle makes all the difference.

It’s not a pen, but chambers lifts his arm up which Dean could have seen as moving it to the ball from the angle he’s at.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
No, that's totally incorrect, the offside occurs from where the player is offside, never in their own half.

Wrong, read up on the laws. It is not an offence to be standing in an offside position, it only becomes an offence when you are actively involved in play. So a player in an offside position runs back into his half to get the ball then the offence is when he touches the ball hence the reason an offside free kick against one of your players can be taken in your half.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It's the same with recent multiple cheating by Calvert-Lewin, Zaha and others.

Lots of "I can see why it was given" or "You shouldn't have your hand there" by the weak, sit on the fence pundits.

These days joke penalties are being given.

Whereas the homer ref yesterday denied Burnley a certain pen when the Hudd goalie's leg clearly and really did bring down Hendrick.

Video technology for these incidents can't come soon enough for me.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
The angle makes all the difference.

It’s not a pen, but chambers lifts his arm up which Dean could have seen as moving it to the ball from the angle he’s at.

But tv shows that Dean motions that Chambers raised his arm above his shoulder which is in factually incorrect whatever angle, he's also one yard away, Gibbs doesn't even appeal, most of the crowd don't even really appeal. It's a lunatic decision. Again, (like the Stephens decision where he obviously wasn't sure) Dean has to be 100% sure it's deliberate to make such a crucial decision.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
It's the same with recent multiple cheating by Calvert-Lewin, Zaha and others.

Lots of "I can see why it was given" or "You shouldn't have your hand there" by the weak, sit on the fence pundits.

These days joke penalties are being given.

Whereas the homer ref yesterday denied Burnley a certain pen when the Hudd goalie's leg clearly and really did bring down Hendrick.

Video technology for these incidents can't come soon enough for me.

Agree. Will weed out those out of their depth

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It won't be that point that relegates us,it will be the fact that Winstanley couldn't find his backside with paper that relegates us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This.

Dean won't indirectly send us down. It's up to the Albion to acquire a good enough squad with £100m of new money, and to win enough games out of 38 opportunities.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here