Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I like the balance of the midfield with Kayal and Pröpper either side of Stephens playing a bit deeper. I really think Goldson can be gutted to be out of the team, but two games in three days having not played for almost a year is a lot to expect. I think this is good management from Hughton, it must have been a tough decision to make but it's probably better for Duffy to step in for this game and have Goldson ready when needed.

I can see us being really stubborn and nicking a 1-1 draw here today, if not a cheeky win. Hemed needs to show a bit of attacking instinct today though, if Suttner's whipping in the crosses and nobody is trying to get on the end of them for the second game in a row, I'll be very unhappy!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You can see why CH may choose the extra midfielder in Kayal against Chelsea (and may have done it previously against top 6 if Kayal were fit), and that leads to the choice of Hemed over Murray as he is far more mobile if we are only playing 1 up.

Possible Izquierdo over Knocky for pure speed to get up and support Hemed.

Even Schelotto over Bruno makes sense seeing how many games we have in a short space for the fittest of 37 year olds. (And same for CG after being out for nearly a year).

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
You can see why CH may choose the extra midfielder in Kayal against Chelsea (and may have done it previously against top 6 if Kayal were fit), and that leads to the choice of Hemed over Murray as he is far more mobile if we are only playing 1 up.

Which begs the question... Baldock?

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
Mentioned it a couple of time the last few days, glad to see Solly on the right and Knockaert rested/dropped. Hopefully we have enough of the game to see Propper further forward today. We tried it at Spurs but couldn't get enough of the ball to see him up there.

Stop Hazard and maybe grab a point :albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here