Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
It is what it is, Prem League champions. We never seriously thought we'd come away with something did we? Yes the goals are irritatingly bad. Newcastle matters, Chelsea is a glamour game.

If it's a glamour game we should treat it like that and go for it. We had absolutely nothing to lose.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Still don't understand not trying to win a game....

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

But they are. The tactics are to defend in deep, and try and nick a goal late on to win. It's just a different way of trying to win than some of us like. Our main trouble is that so far we haven't got to that 'late on' stage to be able to carry out the plan.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Shame we set up to not even bother attacking and why does Stephens always foul on the edge of the box?
No threat in a game we expecting to lose and in these types of games I'd rather we had a go rather than sit back for 90 mins.

I can understand it, but it's pretty dull. Sometimes a little envious of the way Huddersfield play - always have a go at least. Interested to see how we set up v Newcastle. I'd love to see us play more positively v relegation rivals, won't be holding my breath though!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Because over the course of the season we will be better off. You really think being hammered 8-0 against the big teams in gping to be useful!?

We sat back against Liverpool at home......and lost 5-1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Come on behave you lot. Yes it's disappointing losing....but it's Chelsea...current champions. Please get a grip people.

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
All the top 5 sides are great at counter-attack. If we went gung-ho in these games would be getting hammered. Dunk clearance off line keeps us at 2-0.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
It is what it is, Prem League champions. We never seriously thought we'd come away with something did we? Yes the goals are irritatingly bad. Newcastle matters, Chelsea is a glamour game.

Perhaps Burnley thought that when they got a point at Wembley and now winning at old Trafford?!?!??

I know we need the points from elsewhere but this tactic of 'defend until we concede and then lose' is a bit depressing.

Not really sport!
K
Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

Yes even by some miracle we ever hang on to 0-0 (which we never will because these tactics require us to hold on the ball Poyet like whereas this team was built by Hughton to attack directly and quickly) I’d feel we stole a point in an unseemly way rather than earnt it.

Our most “attractive” fixtures are now games I just don’t want to watch

skr80

Oct 9, 2003
Unless we are trying to save our GD - why not get Baldock and Goldson on for a bit of match practice?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
If Burnley can go to Man Utd and score two there is no reason we can’t be having more of a go in these matches. Zero goals in three away games v top 4 opponents and never even looked like even getting a draw from any. We’re not good enough to defend our way to a point against these teams so we need a plan b.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Because over the course of the season we will be better off. You really think being hammered 8-0 against the big teams in gping to be useful!?

Will we though? Huddersfield don't park the bus the way we do v the top teams and they're above us currently...

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
What's Hodgson doing there?

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
But they are. The tactics are to defend in deep, and try and nick a goal late on to win. It's just a different way of trying to win than some of us like. Our main trouble is that so far we haven't got to that 'late on' stage to be able to carry out the plan.

Doesn’t 6 defeats out of 6 with 1 goal scored and at least 14 conceded suggest ‘hang on and nick one’ isn’t working.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here