Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] This season, as enjoyable as the last two?

Are you enjoying this season as much as the last couple, so far?

• Total voters

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
I think we earnt the right to play in the EPL this season, and its nice that we aren’t getting stomped as much as the pundits believed. Think after our previous season’s form it’s been hard to find our groove in a new crowd and a different level, but I think as long as we get at least 17th we have the ability to find it. I think I’ll enjoy it more if we get a decent result against a big six side, but we’ve lost to all of them, I’m not expecting dramatic victories every time we play, but even a poor form Palace beat Chelsea so it would be nice to have at least one win chalked up. Nonetheless, I’m happy that we are competing well with everyone else.

Last edited:

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
PL football was essential for the club and I am loving watching some of our newer players, especially Ryan and Gross. But overall I'm not enjoying it much. Most of the games are pretty dull (the reasons for that are not for this thread) and everyone seems to be motivated only by fear of failure. I thought Liverpool were exceptionally classy (team and fans) and I am full of admiration of what Huddersfield are doing (yes I know Wagner is a tw@t but at the moment he is proving himself to be the best of the promoted managers) but for excitement, aspiration and uncertainty the Championship and s more fun (even the Hyppia season). But as I said the club needs PL so it's not really about what we think

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Absolutely loving it for this season. The standard of some of the players we are up against (latest Alonso, Hazard and Fabregas yesterday) is astonishing and it is brilliant to see our defence coping so well and Hughton's all-for-one tactics being tested again and again. Of course we are cagey going forward: even with that elusive striker the tactics wouldn't be that different. This is a transition and we are doing really well.
But if we stay up I hope and trust that we will start to play more expansively, because I love to see us attacking, scoring goals and taking the game to the opposition, even against the odds, and for me, once the achievement of promotion and survival has been reached, that should be our aim, risky though it is!

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Not enjoying it as much but only because in the championship you are competitive in every game compared to the premier league where in some it is pure damage limitation.

That said first season was always going to be like this with the aim of staying up and long term building each window through successive seasons until we can compete with all sides.

biddles911

May 12, 2014
Not enjoying it as much but only because in the championship you are competitive in every game compared to the premier league where in some it is pure damage limitation.

That said first season was always going to be like this with the aim of staying up and long term building each window through successive seasons until we can compete with all sides.

It’s great to mix it with the best and see some of the best players in the world but most games are a war of attrition which can be a bit frustrating.

The problem is that, even if we establish ourselves, the gap between the top six and the rest is so big these days that every season is likely to be a relegation scrap with the rest of the teams.

Not sure how you get round this without a fundamental shake up of the Premier League but I’d hate to end up just making up the numbers behind the mega clubs as has already happened in Scotland and La Liga.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
People need to chill, we're doing just fine, and it is enjoyable, this is what we worked hard for No?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Am finding some of the away matches this season a bit of a struggle as dates and times are changed. Arsenal away was a bit of a ball ache- at a ridiculous time and only just made it for kick off. I know we had similar last season but didn’t seem to bother me as much.

Withdean

Nov 5, 2017
Way more nervous this season...already caught myself looking at who we are playing on the next 17(?) games and playing count the points.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Way more nervous this season...already caught myself looking at who we are playing on the next 17(?) games and playing count the points.

Funnily enough, just the opposite for me. I found the last two seasons incredibly nerve racking. Very, very exciting, but with the associated mental and physical health risks, they should have come with a health warning. This season in comparison is just more of a fun ride, as I have no unrealistic expectations.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here