Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] The TV Xmas shows

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Anyone you liked ? Had hopes for not going out last night but it was very poor. Rubbish story line from what used to be a clever and witty show. Struggles to register more than 35 out of 100. Doctor Who, like was decent, certainly effort made here to put in a decent episode that was mid 70s.

Call the midwife, probably the best Xmas special now, good story, great acting, has to be an 82. Eastenders thoroughly miserable for a Xmas evening but the rub is the drama is good, well acted and intense, 80, Mrs Brown's Boys, poor, can't see anyone giving this more than 45 from 100

So for me call the midwife is the winner here

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
We had a very old fashioned Xmas in our house. We sat around nibbling food and TALKED. Never catch on in this TV dominated society we all live in.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

You’re on your phone???

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I have yet to watch any Christmas TV shows, but given the dross that is Mrs Browns Boys I'm not missing anything.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Not a Christmas special but I really enjoyed the League of Gentleman mini series. Excellent as ever and considering the gap from the last series still fresh as a daisy. If only today's writers were half as smart.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Lauren gone from EastEnders. She was about the only one worth watching it for. At least Tanya's back - MILF.

Too early to know what was the most watched TV programme on Christmas Day?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Queens Speech romped away with TV ratings, showing our obsession and live for the Royal family knows no bounds. Mrs Brown Boys next best another much loved show which had me and the in laws plus most of the rest of the nation ROARING with laughter.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Managed to avoid most of the TV mentioned in this thread especially Eastenders, but I did see some of an old film in the afternoon with lots of mouthy Cockneys, very similar to Eastenders, think it was called Oliver. :wink:

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Queens Speech romped away with TV ratings, showing our obsession and live for the Royal family knows no bounds. Mrs Brown Boys next best another much loved show which had me and the in laws plus most of the rest of the nation ROARING with laughter.

Mrs Brown's Boys is terrible. All that crude stuff is a bit unnecessary at Christmas.

Her Majesty did us proud with one of her best speeches for years.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here