Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Ashes and Fourth Test.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
BBC headline says England are in command?

No.

We are 135 runs behind. We could (and probably will) now collapse for another 30 odd.

Also, we’ve just lost the ****ing Ashes! This is a friendly game now; we’re in about as much command as a toddler sitting in the back of the Qantas flight that is also bringing our bunch of losers back to the U.K.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Im here in Melbn with my 3 lads, we were all,8HX there today in the stripes, in a second tier section of about 15 Seagulls fans in stripes, it was a great atmosphere. I️ think we take a couple of quick ones with the new ball,on day two and we’re right in this. England bowled really well in the last 60 overs of the day. Aussie would have expected to post 330+ today so we did well to peg them.

COE

Well played, Sir. I apologise for what I thought when I read this last night.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
To be fair, his spinning finger is still not right apparently, but I agree he shouldn't have played the last couple of tests for this alone. Could've given Mason Crane a chance maybe, tho' that would maybe involve adjusting the batting line up a bit...

Long term - Root really needs to bat 3, drop Vince, make Ali earn his crust as a number 6 batsman that bowls a bit and bring the best spin bowler in the country in (whoever that is deemed to be) and give them time to establish themselves.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

No.

We are 135 runs behind. We could (and probably will) now collapse for another 30 odd.

Also, we’ve just lost the ****ing Ashes! This is a friendly game now; we’re in about as much command as a toddler sitting in the back of the Qantas flight that is also bringing our bunch of losers back to the U.K.

Seems an accurate headline for this match as at this moment of time

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Genuinely pleased and surprised by the overnight score, still a very long way to go yet. We could get skittled for another 80 odd and find ourselves losing again... Cook and Root have to build and go on as once the door is open....

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Bang wrong.

This is a Test Match. Each one matters in its own right, outside of the series situation.

Same as a Lions Test at 2-0, or a Formula One GP after the title is decided..

larus

Bang wrong.

This is a Test Match. Each one matters in its own right, outside of the series situation.

Same as a Lions Test at 2-0, or a Formula One GP after the title is decided..

Exactly. If the Aussies win, they’ll say they were focussed on winning and wanting the whitewash. If they lose, it’ll be because they took their eye off the ball. Well, that’s crap. Every game will be important to win and if we win this, it’ll be because we’ve performed better.

However, there are some serious questions now over the selection of Ali IMO. He will sometimes have a good game and I think he’s done well, built if he’s the main spinner, he needs to be able to take wickets or hold up an end, even in unfavourable conditions. If he can’t then he must warrant a place on his batting and not be batting at 7/8.

The only plus to me, is that Stoneman, Vince and Malan have done OK. Certainly enough to warrant continued selection. The ‘failings’ have been with Cook, Root, Ali and the overall lack of wickets from the bowlers. We’ve competed in every game, but then always had a day when it’s all gone wrong. I think the score line flatters the Aussies.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

No.

Utter tripe chap. Hopefully today means that the whitewash will be avoided if we continue to bat well tomorrow, that in itself is a blessing. The Aussies want a 5-0, let's hope our lot tell them to dream on.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

No.

There are no friendlies against Australia.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Outfield looks green.

That's my contribution to the Ashes and much more than some of the players have made

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
When was the last time that any of the major nations won a series away from home? Correct..they don't. Test cricket has gone down the Swanee I'm afraid. Australia will lose the ashes when they come here and then regain them in Aus. Snore. Give me the one day game.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
50 for Root

:clap::clap::clap:

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Ball seems to be doing a bit this morning. Runs hard to get. Would not be surprised if a collapse happens soon.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Root spoons a dolly to get caught

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here