Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Ashes and Fourth Test.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Most interesting event of the morning = groundsman retrieves plastic bag from sightscreen.

Can Curran break this partnership?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Day 5 of the Melbourne test. Only the Barmy Army in attendance, Moeen Ali bowling gentle pies and Vaughan chatting to some bird in the commentary box. Suffice it to say I am NOT on the edge of my seat.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Day 5 of the Melbourne test. Only the Barmy Army in attendance, Moeen Ali bowling gentle pies and Vaughan chatting to some bird in the commentary box. Suffice it to say I am NOT on the edge of my seat.

"Time for bed " said Zebedee....

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
England bowling has been woeful this morning, so many bad balls down the leg side.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Vaughan and Swann both call for Moeen to be dropped for 5th test.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Vaughan and Swann both call for Moeen to be dropped for 5th test.

Not sure Crane is the right replacement. Jack Leach (I know Taunton is a dustbowl but..) would be my choice.

Dec 29, 2011
Real pity that the rain didn't work for us in Perth, rain now is a liability.

I haven't checked the weather but thick, black clouds hang over Melbourne at the moment. They are sporadic either, they go as far as the eye can see. Could be raining for the next few hours :(

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
One of the big differences is that apart from Australia supieriority in bowling their best batsmen when he reaches 50 usually goes on to get 100 ours is usaully out thinking that he had done his job by reaching 50.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
One of the big differences is that apart from Australia supieriority in bowling their best batsmen when he reaches 50 usually goes on to get 100 ours is usaully last man thinking that he had done his job by nearly reaching 250.

Edited for you.
Joking aside. Comparable to Don Bradman. Legend. Aussie ****.

Buffalo Seagull

Jun 1, 2006
Geelong, Vic, Australia
One of the big differences is that apart from Australia supieriority in bowling their best batsmen when he reaches 50 usually goes on to get 100 ours is usaully out thinking that he had done his job by reaching 50.
I was listening to some of the radio commentary during the last test, in which they were discussing this very point. It was suggested that this was the one thing that was keeping Root beneath others in the debate over the world’s best batsman.
Kohli 20 100s, 15 50s
Smith 23 100s, 22 50s
Root 13 100s, 35 50s

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
On this series our best has probably been Root except for 1 outstanding innings from Cook.

Malan has had a fair Ashes and out performed Root with 300+ at 45ish and Bairstow was a little behind him. Root was next and despite my desire for him to be captain I was wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here