Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Ashes and Fourth Test.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Australia's day, but at least one decision went against us. Big group of Albion fans there today in colours. Tomorrow is the make or break of the series (it will determine the whitewash or not). But it was still great to hear '3- 0, and you still won't sing', etc etc. Tomorrow we won't wait till 3pm before we start to sing.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Im here in Melbn with my 3 lads, we were all,8HX there today in the stripes, in a second tier section of about 15 Seagulls fans in stripes, it was a great atmosphere. I️ think we take a couple of quick ones with the new ball,on day two and we’re right in this. England bowled really well in the last 60 overs of the day. Aussie would have expected to post 330+ today so we did well to peg them.

COE

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I watched a bit of the morning session, saw Bancroft edge one towards slip and it bounced a yard in front of Cook, then woke up to Jimmy berating the wicket in the press conference. Dull fare.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Just how does Ali hold is place,surely time for a shake up ?

To be fair, his spinning finger is still not right apparently, but I agree he shouldn't have played the last couple of tests for this alone. Could've given Mason Crane a chance maybe, tho' that would maybe involve adjusting the batting line up a bit...

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Yet another poor day for the English bowlers.will they ever learn? Another 500 + score coming in this innings..

Learn what? Or have you as usual not watched and purely looked at the scorecard? By all accounts the bowlers made a decent fist of it on a slow and low pitch.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
If I was an England selector I would have dropped both Broad and Ali for this game. Would also have "encouraged" Cook to retire. Hoping Cook proves me wrong as he deserves another big score before he goes but sad fact is he's not delivering what he needs to at the top.

Ali is useless as a spinner this series and hasn't made any runs so has to go and give one of the alternate spin options a chance. Broad likewise hasn't been delivering so would have put Wood in and used him much how the Aussies use Cummins: shorter impact spells.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If, as expected , we lose this test will it be the end for Cook and Broad or will they wait until they return home and announce their retirement from test cricket. They could be followed by Anderson when he gets home.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Need this tour to be put out of its misery really. Will be a relief when the England stag party returns home.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Off to bed now, dread to think what the score will be in the morning.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Decent first session today. Get the last 2 out quickly and we're in with a shout.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Amazing job by England's seamers on a slow wicket. 82-5 means that was England's session.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here