Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Life......

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Thank you to everyone, the messages do help, I've been talking to my wife a lot all day and we take some comfort from the fact he is not in any pain and is at peace, again thank you to you all :thumbsup:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Thank you to everyone, the messages do help, I've been talking to my wife a lot all day and we take some comfort from the fact he is not in any pain and is at peace, again thank you to you all :thumbsup:

Get a memorial stone for him at the Amex

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
Very sorry to hear your news. As others have said, we’re all here to give you some help and support if you want it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What terrible news. Really sorry to hear this. Positive vibes and thoughts from HT.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Sincere condolences and deepest sympathy, hitony, to you and your family.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Really feel for you hitony, I have lost a couple of close family members over the Xmas period. Such sad news.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
As of now Christ-day will be tainted and for many years it will be a hard day. But as time wears on there will be a Christ-day that you can recollect the great times you had with your brother and how you can remember him by toasting to his memory or having a place setting at the table for him and remembering some of the joy you had together. It doesn't have to be a bad Christ-day always and you can learn to enjoy it again. But for now and the next few years it's okay to feel the pain on Christ-day.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I don't know what to say. I'm so sorry for your loss, Hitony. I hope in time the pain will heal. Focus on the people around you at the moment and talk about all the fun times you had with him. I know that sounds hollow right now but in time it will help your grieving. I've always found you to be a great person on here.

Thoughts and condolences with you and your family at this difficult time.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
At 12.55 today I was happily playing with my 3 year old extremely excited Grandson, Christmas is all about kids in my opinion, we were at my Daughters in Cardiff celebrating Christmas Day.......... my mobile rang, I was informed my Brother had passed away less than 20 minutes before, I won't deny I am heartbroken, we went through so much together back in our Brighton days, Brighton always bought back so many incredible memories for both of us, I now know when someone says they are "Broken" how they feel...........sorry to dampen the day, but I feel ****ing crap!!!

sorry to hear that mate....i have lost 2 reasonably close people in the last 6 weeks but to lose your brother must be really painful....i am sorry for your sad loss at such a family orientated time of year...

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Really sorry to hear this. This place can be wonderful for support. Make sure you use it if you need to.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I hope you can feel all the warmth of people's replies. Stay strong. My sincere condolences.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Awful news at anytime let alone Christmas. My condolences to you Hitony and your family. It does seem to happen at key dates. My grandfather passed away on my brothers 18th birthday. Not that it will bring your brother back but enjoy the time with your grandson - a perfect example of the circle of life.

Last edited:

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
At 12.55 today I was happily playing with my 3 year old extremely excited Grandson, Christmas is all about kids in my opinion, we were at my Daughters in Cardiff celebrating Christmas Day.......... my mobile rang, I was informed my Brother had passed away less than 20 minutes before, I won't deny I am heartbroken, we went through so much together back in our Brighton days, Brighton always bought back so many incredible memories for both of us, I now know when someone says they are "Broken" how they feel...........sorry to dampen the day, but I feel ****ing crap!!!

So so sorry to hear of your terrible news, i can’t imagine what you’re going through. My thoughts are with you and your family.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
So sorry to hear. Hopefully the very fine words spoken by many on here will help you through these dark days.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here