Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Life......

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Sorry to hear that Tony, give those grand kids an extra hug.

Love to Rose.

El.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
So sorry to hear about your loss, especially at this time that is so important for families. I have 2 brothers who I am close to, and can only imagine how devastating that call must have been for you.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Awful news - thoughts and prayers with you and your family

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Feel your pain. We are also coping with a family bereavement this Christmas. Trying to remember the good times. In time, I’m sure you’ll do the same.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
So sad.

Made all the more tragic on a day reserved for family time and everything that comes with it.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and everyone you know.

Take care of one another,

Kosh

Last edited:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
My sincere condolences. Had close family pass away on Christmas day a couple of years ago so can sympathise. Makes the day feel strange.

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Like Dale Jasper I feel your pain as my father passed away on the 15th. 2 months after retiring. It's tough to handle but try and be strong and remember the good times.
RIP your brother.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
At 12.55 today I was happily playing with my 3 year old extremely excited Grandson, Christmas is all about kids in my opinion, we were at my Daughters in Cardiff celebrating Christmas Day.......... my mobile rang, I was informed my Brother had passed away less than 20 minutes before, I won't deny I am heartbroken, we went through so much together back in our Brighton days, Brighton always bought back so many incredible memories for both of us, I now know when someone says they are "Broken" how they feel...........sorry to dampen the day, but I feel ****ing crap!!!

So , so sorry to hear that news, what a bloody terrible time for it to happen , nothing anyone can say is going to take away your pain , just get through it as best you can and try to enjoy your grandson.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
we went through so much together back in our Brighton days, Brighton always bought back so many incredible memories for both of us

Tony, the Albion - and NSC - are there for 'the bad times and the good'. Things are understandably very raw now and even more so with the day on which it happened, but every time you see the Albion play in the future, you can think of your brother in happier times in the past. It may seem unbelievable at the moment in the rawness of the moment, but time really does heal things. It'll make the Albion even more special.

Having lost my only brother (a 41 year old adult with special needs who was living in the community) suddenly a few years back, Christmas is very poignant as my mother and I used to deliver presents to him at his home on Christmas Eve. I'd even dress up as Santa to do this. For a couple of years after his passing, the memories were too painful to go back and revisit every year, especially anything to do with Santa, but now I can honestly say that all the grief has gone.

What remains? Fond recollections and happiness of a life well lived, despite his challenges.

And love. Lots of love.

My Christmas wish is that this will be true for you and your family as well as you both mourn and celebrate your brother's life.

We're here for you.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Terribly sorry for you, I lost my Dad just before Christmas 1996 and Mrs Jakarta lost hers just before Christmas 1999.

This year will clearly be awful for you but we both decided it was not a good idea to let losing our Dads at this time of year permanently taint Christmas and more importantly it is not what either of them would have wanted.

As a consequence we both raise a glass to remember them when we get home after Midnight Mass on Christmas Eve and then go on to enjoy ourselves with our remaining family & friends.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
That is dreadful, my condolences to you and yours.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
sounds like you and your brother had a good time together and those memories cant be taken away. Now's the time to have more great years with your Grandson.

So sorry to hear this tragic news and hopefully all the posts above will be of some comfort. At times like this NSC shows it cares.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I don't know you in any way but I'm always free if you fancy a chat.
We've all lost someone and it's never an easy thing to deal with. I probably can't offer much in the way of advice but my ears are always open.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Not too much I can say as a stranger on a message board but thoughts are with you and your families. I dont deal with this stuff brilliantly but if a post on NSC, chatting/texting a mate works there is some solace there and people are happy to listen. Sharing is caring I wish you well mate

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here