Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Poisoned bread in Preston Park

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Could there be a simple explanation that somebody put rat poison in the bread to do just that poison rats and some got dropped on the way to the designated spot rather than dropped on purpose for dogs to eat.
?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
This was going on around Mid Sussex a few months ago.

I don’t think there were any police warnings about it here, just folk sharing information on social media.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Would have been a better title if it said "Poisoned Pegbread in Preston Park." Or "Poisoned Pita in Preston Park."

"Poisoned Pumpernickel in Preston Park?"

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Didn't I read a thread from HB&B moaning he was woken at 2am with dogs barking, or was it fireworks, or steam trains, or maybe Pride, or cyclists

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What if the title was "loads of chocolate found on the ground at Preston Park" - how might folk react to that?
Dogs would need to eat a lot of chocolate to get poisoned from it. Rat poison is a lot more dangerous to dogs.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Given it was bread, was the intended target pigeons or seagulls rather than dogs perhaps ? Dog owners would typically keep their dogs away from bread anyway ?

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Chocolate is poisonous to dogs - not sure I understand your question?

Most on here have jumped to the conclusion that the rat poison was intended for dogs - how can we be sure this is a safe assumption?
Had chocolate been found on the ground, would the same conclusion exist? As in, that it must have been put there to poison dogs?

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Most on here have jumped to the conclusion that the rat poison was intended for dogs - how can we be sure this is a safe assumption?
Had chocolate been found on the ground, would the same conclusion exist? As in, that it must have been put there to poison dogs?

Does it matter if it is a safe assumption (the intended animal/homeless person)? You can accidentally drop chocolate, and choose not to eat it, you cant really accidentally drop sliced bread laced with rat poison can you ???

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
What's all this 'the bread is for dogs' stuff being said? I often go to Preston Park to try out the bread on the floor. Some of it tastes really good, some really bad. It's very narrow minded to just assume only Dogs eat floor bread in parks. In relation to the poison bread, it did give me a rough belly and cost me a fair bit in toilet roll, but overall, no big deal. I've had worse in Queens park.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here