Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dembele on the way

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Celtic fans really think they are a big club still. Just glancing at those posted makes Leeds and Wednesday fans seem level headed.

Yes, they really believe they are the same level as Man UTD or Real Madrid :lolol:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
FLIGHT WATCH
I will presume he will play on the 30th and that NYE will be spent with his family in Glasgow. So he will jump on a plane first thing Monday 1st Jan 2018
He wont use Easy Jet or Ryanair so BA it must be, plus they have business class.
Three flights. 07:05, 09.35 or 13:40. The second flight arrives at 11:05 perfect timing to get him to the Amex to introduce him to the crowd.
And, of course, a plane can not change course mid flight following a 'phone call'.

Send a private plane for him, why would he mix with the hoi-polloi

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
One Celtic fan with a bit more savvy than most has pointed out how it may be advantageous for Celtic to sell to Brighton, and uses the example of Van Dijk. They sold him for £13M to Southampton, and now, as seems likely, he goes to Liverpool, they stand to trouser another £10M or so; had they sold him direct to a 'big' club, instead of Southampton, they'd have got their £13M and that would be it. Maybe he's right, maybe not, but it makes a lot of sense.

Anyway, Sky seem pretty sure of their facts, so I'm staying optimistic on this one for now.
:thumbsup:

I'm sure I read somewhere when the news of our interest broke that Celtic will get a sell on fee from us when sold on in the future.

My guess is the pitch to the player is guaranteed first team football, put yourself in the window for the French WC squad, stay with us for a couple of seasons and we wont stand in your way when one of the big boys come in.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We have had a bid or two accepted for sriker(s).

Whether it is Dembele or not is less clear.

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
I'm sure I read somewhere when the news of our interest broke that Celtic will get a sell on fee from us when sold on in the future.

My guess is the pitch to the player is guaranteed first team football, put yourself in the window for the French WC squad, stay with us for a couple of seasons and we wont stand in your way when one of the big boys come in.

With intent like that we could be one of the big boys!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

He'd also walk into the awful Everton, West Ham, Newcastle and CP first teams, each of whom could write a cheque for £30m to £40m for a match winner like Dembele.

Unfortunately the free market, with 6 weeks remaining, makes this a Dutch Auction. Dembele and Celtic hold all the aces.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Maybe this is a smokescreen and come January 1st we will announce the completed signing of someone totally different, but equally exciting.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
He'd also walk into the awful Everton, West Ham, Newcastle and CP first teams, each of whom could write a cheque for £30m to £40m for a match winner like Dembele.

Unfortunately the free market, with 6 weeks remaining, makes this a Dutch Auction. Dembele and Celtic hold all the aces.

Yes, you're right.

But, West Ham bough a couple of strikers in the summer and also seem poor in the transfer market. Made a lot of promises to fans about recruitment that they cant seem to make happen .

Newcastle owner looking to sell, again littek spending there and might not want to blow his money at a time of getting out.

Everton are a good shout, they do need a striker, but again spent a lot in the summer and look worse. If they do go big on a striker maybe their first choice is someone more established/prolific.

All conjecture of course but there is more to landing players than who waves the biggest cheque, although that does help :lolol:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Bozza just tweeted its not real and no bid even made. :-(

Indeed - no bid or approach made.

To counter any future trolls: at this point in time no approach nor bid has been made. If something happens in the future it won't mean that an approach was made on or before today.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Maybe this is a smokescreen and come January 1st we will announce the completed signing of someone totally different, but equally exciting.

This I reckon. Bloom and Barber will be quietly chuckling this morning about more speculation that is wide of the mark and leaves their real business under the radar. As usual........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here