Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dembele on the way

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It does seem a little odd to accept a comparatively low bid for a highly regarded player even before the 'shop is open'.

It most definitely is a very UnBarber thing to do, and as we know when it comes to selling players there's the Barber way or the wrong way.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Just reported on SSN. Although journalists in Scotland disputing.

Whatever the case, I expect a few more knocks on the Celtic door. I can't see this happening.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
http://kerrydalestreet.co.uk/topic/11014828/383/

Anyone would think we were still a league one team? :lolol: I'm not saying to his will happen but if he wants to further himself and prove himself without the pressure of a big club with expectations it's a perfect move for him. He'll get less of the spotlight and be playing at a much higher standard than the Scottish conference league.

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
Celtic fans really think they are a big club still. Just glancing at those posted makes Leeds and Wednesday fans seem level headed.

it is funny. they really do believe they are a great football team. how would they know? let them have a go in our league one and see how they compare.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
it is funny. they really do believe they are a great football team. how would they know? let them have a go in our league one and see how they compare.

I think they'd struggle in the Championship, league 1 maybe. Let's see if we can get this one over the line

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
it is funny. they really do believe they are a great football team. how would they know?.
They play in the Champions League every season and routinely get outclassed.

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
On the one hand am excited.On the other hand am wondering why other Prem teams who could afford a higher transfer and higher wages why they haven't gone in for him.Also if he's such a good prospect why when 18m these days will only get you Neymars knee,why is he going for only that.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
One Celtic fan with a bit more savvy than most has pointed out how it may be advantageous for Celtic to sell to Brighton, and uses the example of Van Dijk. They sold him for £13M to Southampton, and now, as seems likely, he goes to Liverpool, they stand to trouser another £10M or so; had they sold him direct to a 'big' club, instead of Southampton, they'd have got their £13M and that would be it. Maybe he's right, maybe not, but it makes a lot of sense.

Anyway, Sky seem pretty sure of their facts, so I'm staying optimistic on this one for now.
:thumbsup:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
FLIGHT WATCH
I will presume he will play on the 30th and that NYE will be spent with his family in Glasgow. So he will jump on a plane first thing Monday 1st Jan 2018
He wont use Easy Jet or Ryanair so BA it must be, plus they have business class.
Three flights. 07:05, 09.35 or 13:40. The second flight arrives at 11:05 perfect timing to get him to the Amex to introduce him to the crowd.
And, of course, a plane can not change course mid flight following a 'phone call'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here