Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dembele on the way

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Quality young player with bags of potential. About the best we could hope to sign.

He needs to be playing most games somewhere and we seem the perfect fit. Thus not much chance of happening.

If Celtic were to try and flush out higher bids, good news it has to be now and not while window open. Maybe we've bid with large bonuses but only if can have him in the first couple of days (I can dream).

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Sky Sports are sort of edging back in again, having made a bit of an ass of themselves earlier - we're back to, "....are in talks...." and "sources close to the talks" territory now. The Guardian have now latched on to it too - just the talks bit.

It really would make sense all round - Celtic would make almost 100% profit, we'd get the striker we need, and Dembele, if he does well for us for 18 months in the PL may well then get his chance at the big time (and we might make a profit too) - if he himself holds out for too ambitious a move now he could find himself going nowhere fast sitting on a bench (OK, he'll be stinking rich, but you have to consider the possibility that he is also keen to play football).

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
And he wants regular first team games to get any chance of (albeit a long-shot) the french World Cup squad reckoning and we’re the perfect fit as he’ll almost certainly be guaranteed a starting place which won’t happen at most other PL squads and he needs games instantly to get noticed by the France coach and have any chance of a late call-up which he won’t get playing on the SPL

Last edited:

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
I reckon agent leaked something, and we were about to bid and he's just drumming up other clubs to come in for him.

He's been shite this season, probably because he wants to go. Not sure he's one for these next five months but would be a good addition to grow the squad but need some battling strikers for these few months. Danny ings ?

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I reckon agent leaked something, and we were about to bid and he's just drumming up other clubs to come in for him.

He's been shite this season, probably because he wants to go. Not sure he's one for these next five months but would be a good addition to grow the squad but need some battling strikers for these few months. Danny ings ?
He's been "shite" this season because of a few hamstring injuries. That maybe why Celtic may consider 18M as last season the media were putting out figures of between 20-30M for what he is worth.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think this deal makes a lot of sense for both clubs and we also have another player they're apparently interested in - Jamie Murphy.

£20 mill plus Murphy for Dembele.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I think this deal makes a lot of sense for both clubs and we also have another player they're apparently interested in - Jamie Murphy.

£20 mill plus Murphy for Dembele.

Murphy who is a stanch Rangers fan ?

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Observe Dembele's first touch in this video. There's definitely something a bit Jose Ezquierdo about him. Is he up tp Prem standard? is the big question. Demebele does look very raw making this look like a big gamble. He definitely looks as if he's got all the physical attributes we need upfront. It's the technical side of his game which looks a bit suspect. He looks like he's constantly chasing the ball due to his heavy touch. He doesn't lookl like he has full control of the ball when taking on players as it seems to get stuck under his feet a fair bit.

It all looks very leggy but I'll still be excited if we sign him.

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Did he play any good when Fulham visited in 2016?

I was stuck on a train at Brighton and missed half the game. From what I saw when he got the ball he promptly lost it under challenge. .

Last edited:

Dec 29, 2011
Did he play any good when Fulham visited in 2006?

I was stuck on a train at Brighton and missed half the game. From what I saw when he got the ball he promptly lost it under challenge. .

He was only 10 in 2006 so must have quite the talent to have been in Fulham's first team

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Observe Dembele's first touch in this video. There's definitely something a bit Jose Ezquierdo about him. Is he up tp Prem standard? is the big question. Demebele does look very raw making this look like a big gamble. He definitely looks as if he's got all the physical attributes we need upfront. It's the technical side of his game which looks a bit suspect. He looks like he's constantly chasing the ball due to his heavy touch. He doesn't lookl like he has full control of the ball when taking on players as it seems to get stuck under his feet a fair bit.

First touch looks no worse than Murray or Hemed with the added bonus of pace and a powerful strike. It's a yes front me.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Looks quick and powerful but VERY right footed. The only time he touches it with his left is when he has absolutely no choice. Just an observation

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Musically challenged

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Left foot appears to be the one used to stand on!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here