Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dembele on the way

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes, you're right.

But, West Ham bough a couple of strikers in the summer and also seem poor in the transfer market. Made a lot of promises to fans about recruitment that they cant seem to make happen .

Newcastle owner looking to sell, again littek spending there and might not want to blow his money at a time of getting out.

Everton are a good shout, they do need a striker, but again spent a lot in the summer and look worse. If they do go big on a striker maybe their first choice is someone more established/prolific.

All conjecture of course but there is more to landing players that who waves the biggest cheque, although that does help :lolol:

CP spent £30m plus on a centre back. Everton majority owned by a billionaire who spends £200m per transfer window

Cautious Albion using Moneyball, several levels below that just at the moment.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
CP spent £30m plus on a centre back. Everton majority owned by a billionaire who spends £200m per transfer window

Cautious Albion using Moneyball, several levels below that just at the moment.

Yup, so my guess is those with big money wont have 21 year old striker playing in Scotland at the top of their striker list.

He may be on their list, but not necessarily their main target. 1in4 for Fulham and 1 in 2 in the SPL is a risky move for bigger Prem team to blow their striker budget on.

For a moneyball outfit like us, its a calculated risk.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have my doubts as to whether or not he is good enough but I am sure many in Scotland who have seen him play would have a better idea Just hope that he doesnt turn out to be another CMS.who couldnt make the step up in grade.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
I have my doubts as to whether or not he is good enough but I am sure many in Scotland who have seen him play would have a better idea Just hope that he doesnt turn out to be another CMS.who couldnt make the step up in grade.

Don't worry, he's not coming so you don't need to bother writing him off early, save it for the actual signings.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
From the Celtic forum " the only explanation for this is maybe the big man wants to come out":lolol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Don't worry, he's not coming so you don't need to bother writing him off early, save it for the actual signings.

According to Sky Sports Celtic have accepted our bid so down to the player. Simple question to NooBHA and others familiar with Scottish football is he good enough,obviously CH etc think so? Would just like some opinions and views.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
According to Sky Sports Celtic have accepted our bid so down to the player. Simple question to NooBHA and others familiar with Scottish football is he good enough,obviously CH etc think so? Would just like some opinions and views.

Screenshot from 2017-12-25 12-09-51.png

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005

Just jesting, Sky have removed story so clearly incorrect.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I'm sure I read somewhere when the news of our interest broke that Celtic will get a sell on fee from us when sold on in the future.

My guess is the pitch to the player is guaranteed first team football, put yourself in the window for the French WC squad, stay with us for a couple of seasons and we wont stand in your way when one of the big boys come in.

That's because your guess is identical to the article I read too. Sounds convincing doesn't it. I'm in 👍

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

We knew that already. In fact, we knew that before he was named.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yup, so my guess is those with big money wont have 21 year old striker playing in Scotland at the top of their striker list.

He may be on their list, but not necessarily their main target. 1in4 for Fulham and 1 in 2 in the SPL is a risky move for bigger Prem team to blow their striker budget on.

For a moneyball outfit like us, its a calculated risk.

His name is commonly linked with Everton, Chelsea and West Ham, at £40m. If he'd be a stellar hit for Brighton, immediately transforming our attacking fortunes in the PL this January, then he'd do exactly the same at those other clubs, perhaps more so due to better service from technically better players.

Unfortunately he features highly in all transfer rumours. If the Albion carry on with their thrustworthy transfer policy, we'll be going for better value elsewhere in Europe's leagues.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here