Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dembele on the way

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I really hope not as that is like jumping out of the frying pan into the fire

They mentioned a stat on MOTD.

Something like ......”Harry Kane has scored 36 goals since Shane Long scored his last for Southampton”.

I’m sure he’d do well in the Championship though [emoji6]

patcham seagulls

Jul 9, 2003
patcham
Convinced Celtic, Dembele and his agent are fishing.

Plenty of premiership clubs are short of firepower up top (Everton, Newcastle, West Brom, West Ham, Southampton) and a bidding war financially suits their needs very nicely.

That's if Celtic decide to sell this window.
Dembele is contracted for another 2.5 years, and Celtic are also about to receive 10-15% of the Van Dijk money (approx 8-10m)
Hughton would be wise to have a plan b imho

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Hughton would be wise to have a plan b imho

This is the Albion - the amount we got screwed in the last window we'll need Plan C, D, E and F for this one.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I don't think that any yeam above us needs amother striker and the teams below have either had manaher problems or are going to have manager problems. With Hughton here, our training ground', stadium and position in the Prem we are am attractive proposition. That said if he doesn't sign the day the window opens I hope that there clause in our offer to withdraw it. £18m is quite a lot to compete with.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
Yes was being slightly flippant. Looking at their squad though i’m struggling to find more than 2 players who would get in our side.
Dembele, Tierney, Sinclair, Griffiths, Roberts, Brown, Lustig, and possibly Rogic would be there are there abouts. I would say we are not too far from them but paper they look better at moment.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I don't think that any yeam above us needs amother striker and the teams below have either had manaher problems or are going to have manager problems. With Hughton here, our training ground', stadium and position in the Prem we are am attractive proposition. That said if he doesn't sign the day the window opens I hope that there clause in our offer to withdraw it. £18m is quite a lot to compete with.

Everton, Saints, Watford, Newcastle, WBA will all be hunting for a striker and they're all either able to offer more than us in terms of wages, transfer fees and for a few of them a massive difference in stature (Everton, Saints).

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think there's a lot to be said for a time-bound offer. £18M, but the offer is off after January 1st.

Or we could be creative, and make a daily diminishing offer - like £25M if he signs on Jan. 1st, £24M if on Jan. 2nd, reducing by a million a day. It would dis-incentivise them from hanging out for the end of the window and gazumping.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here